Distinctive ring no longer goes to voice-mail

Dave5
Grasshopper

Previously when a caller called our home phone or our distinctive ring (same line), either way, the caller was forwarded to the single voice-mail service if no answer. Now, with Shaw's new voice-mail system, only the home phone number goes to voice-mail and the distinctive ring number just rings. On the telephone with Shaw phone support for hours recently finally returned the answer that this is how the new system works. Surely there is a way to bring this back for customers -- the phone is ringing; it should go to voice-mail. It seems to me that there is a setting that is turned on (and could be turned off) deep in the system that recognizes the distinctive ring phone number and disables it going to voice-mail.  Can Shaw please look into this problem and get this fixed?

2 Replies

I can certainly pass along your feedback request in regar...

shaw-valerie

@Dave5 I can certainly pass along your feedback request in regards to this feature, however, at this time this is the way that the system functions with voicemail not being able to pickup calls made to the distinctive ring line. 

0 Kudos

AND … I see that the distinctive ring phone number does n...

Dave5
Grasshopper

AND … I see that the distinctive ring phone number does not call-forward either. Is it possible for someone to actually look at your new system to see if this can be remedied, rather than just stating that this is how it is working??  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help