Jump to solution

How do I block a specific phone number?

JaneStew
Grasshopper

Hello - I want to block a number that calls me daily but never leaves a voice message, 647-812-2661.  This number has been identified by others as being used by a SCAMMER purporting to be from Amazon.  It is NOT the last number to call me so your *60 # 0 1 # is of absolutely no use.  How can I specifically block this number?

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

No one likes calls from scammers. You can enable selectiv...

shaw-tony

@JaneStew No one likes calls from scammers. You can enable selective call blocking with the steps here through your MyShaw account. Let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jump to solution

No one likes calls from scammers. You can enable selectiv...

shaw-tony

@JaneStew No one likes calls from scammers. You can enable selective call blocking with the steps here through your MyShaw account. Let me know how it goes!

Jump to solution

Hello - I had DELETED my entire blocked call list (from m...

JaneStew
Grasshopper

Hello - I had DELETED my entire blocked call list (from my phone) as my Mom's phone number had been mistakenly added when I thought I would be blocking the scammer's number.  I logged into my account and turned ON selective calls and was shocked to find my Mom's number among among 21 numbers listed there!  Why are these numbers showing in that list when I've DELETED all through my phone?  I have now manually deleted all 21 entries, wish there was a DELETE all function and will use this feature for future call blocking.  thanks for this information.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

there may be a feature from your personal phone set to bl...

shaw-tony

@JaneStew there may be a feature from your personal phone set to block calls. The one through MyShaw is different. Enabling the feature should solve your troubles 🙂. There's generally no delete all function, just in case someone accidentally clicks it and deletes everything by mistake.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Selective call blocking is useless. When these spam calls...

BWARD1
Grasshopper

Selective call blocking is useless. When these spam calls start I get between 6 and 12 calls progressively in the same day. Coming today from 604-560 numbers!!!

Jump to solution

I forgot to mention that I use the individual call blocki...

BWARD1
Grasshopper

I forgot to mention that I use the individual call blocking by number in the "my shaw" site. but the site limits you to only 30 blocked numbers.

What good is that when I am getting 6 to 12 a day!!!

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- every call I have received from a scammer has come fro...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@BWARD1 -- every call I have received from a scammer has come from a unique telephone-number. So, adding each number to any "block-list" would not be useful. So, the limit of 30 numbers is neither good nor bad.

Is your number listed on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Do_Not_Call_List

??

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help