Jump to solution

Intermittent Dial Tone - No messages

in2deep97
Grasshopper

On my landline, the dial tone is intermittent but there are no messages to retrieve? How do I get this back to a solid tone unless there are messages?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Intermittent Dial Tone - No messages

shaw-tamara

Hey in2deep97 

You might need to speak with Technical Support to fix this, but something you can try on your own is to log into MyShaw, then go into the phone portion and turn off the Message Waiting indicator. Then turn it back on, and log out of My Shaw.

You can then call from another phone to leave a voicemail, or ask someone to leave you a message. Once that's done you can go into your voicemail, listen to the message and delete it. That should hopefully fix the issue, but if not, you can contact technical support using the information on https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

Hey in2deep97 

You might need to speak with Technical Support to fix this, but something you can try on your own is to log into MyShaw, then go into the phone portion and turn off the Message Waiting indicator. Then turn it back on, and log out of My Shaw.

You can then call from another phone to leave a voicemail, or ask someone to leave you a message. Once that's done you can go into your voicemail, listen to the message and delete it. That should hopefully fix the issue, but if not, you can contact technical support using the information on https://www.shaw.ca/contact-us/

Jump to solution

in2deep97
Grasshopper

Worked perfectly Tamara - much thanks!

Jump to solution

shaw-tamara

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that did the trick  

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help