Jump to solution

Phoneline ports on Arris XB6

shawn_yee
Grasshopper

Will Shaw at some point adopt the phone lines on the Arris XB6 modem?  I noticed there are 2 ports on the new Shaw/Arris modem, and was curious as to whether they'd be used in place of the old Arris phone terminals (TM602) that they've used in the past.  Just got the Shaw 300 service yesterday and was surprised they still used the old phone terminal when the modem itself had the hardware to handle it.  It would save on hardware costs, as well as reduce the clutter in the customer's homes. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Re: Phoneline ports on Arris XB6

shaw-tony

Heyshawn.yee,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. I haven't heard of any news on that, if it does become available we will certainly give more details through our website at www.shaw.ca.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jump to solution

Not applicable

Highly doubt it.

Primary reason is that Shaw (unlike many of the US carriers) has dedicated channels for the voice data and the modem can't lock on to both at the same time.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

shaw-tony

Heyshawn.yee,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. I haven't heard of any news on that, if it does become available we will certainly give more details through our website at www.shaw.ca.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help