Jump to solution

Same Visa spam call every day between 7:00am and 7:30am

rkubara
Grasshopper

I get the same Visa spam call every day between 7:00 am and 7:30 am. Same area code of 604, same preface of 597, different last 4 numbers. I add the number to my block list then next morning a new one. I Have SHaw spam filter on and I block unknown numbers. These calls keep coming through waking the family if I don't answer it.

This has to stop, there must be a solution. Shaw said there is nothing they can do, any suggestions what I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Does your telephone handset allow you to set a different...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Does your telephone handset allow you to set a different ring-tone for each incoming number? If so, pick something distinctive, so that you can just click "end call" on your handset when you hear that ring-tone.  Or, pick a "silent" ring-tone. 🙂

Or, if you have a FAX machine (or a computer that can emulate a FAX machine), program it to answer all incoming calls, but only between 7:00 am and 7:30 am.

Have you signed-up for the Canadian "do-not-call" list? It is a violation of Canadian law for them to call you, if your telephone-number(s) are on that list?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

Does your telephone handset allow you to set a different...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Does your telephone handset allow you to set a different ring-tone for each incoming number? If so, pick something distinctive, so that you can just click "end call" on your handset when you hear that ring-tone.  Or, pick a "silent" ring-tone. 🙂

Or, if you have a FAX machine (or a computer that can emulate a FAX machine), program it to answer all incoming calls, but only between 7:00 am and 7:30 am.

Have you signed-up for the Canadian "do-not-call" list? It is a violation of Canadian law for them to call you, if your telephone-number(s) are on that list?

Jump to solution

Thank you mdk for your detailed reply. Yes I am on the Ca...

rkubara
Grasshopper

Thank you mdk for your detailed reply. Yes I am on the Canada Do Not Call list and have been for years ...yet...

The fax and ring tone idea is creative but won't work for me.

I have now learned of a feature with Telus called Home Phone Call Control where the incoming caller has to press a number on their keypad to connect to my phone. This feature prevents any robot-caller from reaching me. If Shaw has this, I do not know how to activate it. If Shaw does not have this, Shaw must get it...

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/call-control-explained

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

How is this thred solved? There is no solution here yet....

bingo-bango
Grasshopper

How is this thred solved?

There is no solution here yet.

OP have you tried to login and manage your phone privacy?

Mine says "service unavailable"

Also I'd advise you buy a phone that has call blocking.

I have a panasonic that blocks 2500 numbers and wildcards.

You can block 800, 900, 888, 866, 604, 250, you get the idea.

I set it to never ring on the blocked numbers but SHAW is supposed to block private and no ID calls but THE SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help