Shaw customers can't reach Telus phone.

tjgolfs
Grasshopper

I'm a Telus phone customer. There are at least three people who have told me they can't reach my Calgary phone number. Apparently, the phone just rings and rings without an answering machine pickup. I've had Telus in my house and they say they can't find anything wrong. All three trying to call me are Shaw phone customers. I can phone them from my Telus phone. Is there some kind of backend registration that hasn't been done? Is there anything you guys can do about this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Shaw customers can't reach Telus phone.

shaw-tony

Hey tjgolfs,

Thank you for reaching out! That is certainly very odd. Are the three people trying to contact you having issues with calling other Telus phone numbers? If it is just yours, it may be a backend issue with Telus in which I'd recommend reaching out to them to resolve. 

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

tjgolfs
Grasshopper

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't know if the three business have trouble reaching other Telus customers. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get anybody at Telus who knows anything about interfaces between Shaw and Telus. It has to be some kind of registration issue. I thought it must be on your side because I can phone thru to them from Telus and they just get a ring-out when they call me.

It seems that telemarketers have no issue, but my doctor, dentist, and a dermatologist (all on Shaw) can't get hold of me. It's been frustrating to say the least.

If there's a facility for private email, I can provide the Shaw numbers (and my own) if you think that would help.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

tjgolfs I would recommend having the businesses reach out to our business technical support team with your phone number to see if there are any issues with their business lines. Otherwise, I'd recommend contacting Telus to ensure your phone number is correctly registered for all numbers to dial.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help