Shaw shuts down it's Customer Loyalty Department

winterpeg
Grasshopper

Well, after 30 minutes yesterday trying to contact anyone at Shaw concerning my expiring Customer loyalty promo on my Internet 300, I was informed that Shaw has Shut down it's Customer Loyalty Department! All options presented to me, by 3 different person, all of them reading from scripted responses, resulted in me paying dramatically more. I gave up after the last person said that Shaw had shut down it's customer loyalty department 2 weeks ago! Their response was that they have NO more promos for me because I am on a monthly contract. I have been on a monthly contract for 40 years! Sad day for a company which used to have GREAT customer service. Times are changing and not for the good of the customers. Corporate profits "trump" customer service/loyalty and it's time to look for another service provider.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

-- I have been on a monthly contract for 40 years! I swit...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@winterpeg -- I have been on a monthly contract for 40 years!

I switched to a "two-year Value Plan", to get higher Internet speeds, at a lower price, with no price-increases during the term of the contract.

0 Kudos

I have always had "higher" speed Internet from Shaw. The...

winterpeg
Grasshopper

I have always had "higher" speed Internet from Shaw. The point I was making is that they disbanded their Customer Loyalty Department, so they do NOT have to offer any promos to monthly subscribers. I do an annual TCIS with Shaw, as I go "south" for the winter and only require my Internet and voice mail during that time.

If I took their "promotions", I would be paying the entire amount for the 24 months.

Anyway, enjoy your higher speed Internet. Hopefully Shaw has given you true fiber.

0 Kudos

-- it is my understanding that they "merged" the staff fr...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@winterpeg -- it is my understanding that they "merged" the staff from their Loyalty Department into their front-line staff, and trained/authorized the front-line staff to do what the Loyalty Department used to do.

Further, it is my understanding that if you sign-up for the two-year Value Plan, choosing the "minimal" levels (slow Internet, no voice-mail, basic TV), then you can "seasonally" add/subtract services (fast Internet, voice-mail) when you want, as long as your "subtraction" does not reduce your contract below its initial levels.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help