turning off voicemail in shaw-wired building

mtesarski
Grasshopper

Hello,

My aunt has moved into a Shaw -wired building so there is no account number available to her.  She has a Vtech phone for hard of hearing folks.  It has a phone base and a handset that is used for programming.  Her phone number as been ported from Telus and is working.

I can't get the answering system in the phone to work.  I think that would be simpler for her than voicemail.  She is 104!  I have tried setting voicemail to nine rings (# 94 9) and her answering system to 6 rings, but that didn't work.

At the moment , I have asked the building administrator to turn off Shaw voicemail.  Will that solve the problem or create more?  Any suggestions very welcome.

Merna

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

> I have tried setting voicemail to nine rings (# 94 9) a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> I have tried setting voicemail to nine rings (# 94 9) and her answering system to 6 rings, but that didn't work.

What happens after the 6th ring?  Does that activate her answering system? 

If not, after the 9th ring, does Shaw voice-mail kick in, or does it continue to ring?

Note that most "electronic" (not the old rotary-dial) telephones do not "ring" until the second ring, because "Caller-ID" information is sent between the 1st and 2nd rings. So, the phone rings and displays the Caller-ID at the same time.

if the Shaw Voicemail is turned on that may cause issues...

shaw-tony

@mtesarski if the Shaw Voicemail is turned on that may cause issues with the answering system on the phone. Turning it off is best to set up the answering system. As for the number of rings, it may be a maximum limit of the Vtech Phone.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help