Jump to solution

Unable to manage Telephone services on My Shaw website

tmg2019
Grasshopper

I can login to My Shaw and see my other services, but the Telephone section returns "

Whoops! We are unable to retrieve this information at the moment.

Please refresh the page, or come back later."

It's been this way for a week. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Shaw technical telephone support forwarded the problem to...

tmg2019
Grasshopper

Shaw technical telephone support forwarded the problem to the "back room" last Thursday and it was cleared up on Sunday - I assume part of weekend maintenance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That error message can be the result of server maintenanc...

shaw-valerie

@GeoPro1 That error message can be the result of server maintenance, in which case it would be cleared up by trying later on. If that message persists, it is typically a backend error specific to your account as the original poster in this thread noted was the issue in their case and was resolved after having our technical support team escalate their account error. Get in touch with our technical support team here so they can take a look into your account further with you if you're still seeing this message when trying to manage your phone features. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jump to solution

I'm not seeing any current issues with the telephone sect...

shaw-valerie

@tmg2019 I'm not seeing any current issues with the telephone section of MyShaw on my end. Are you seeing the same error message in both online at https://my.shaw.ca/ and in the MyShaw app? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Shaw technical telephone support forwarded the problem to...

tmg2019
Grasshopper

Shaw technical telephone support forwarded the problem to the "back room" last Thursday and it was cleared up on Sunday - I assume part of weekend maintenance.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Solved by Shaw.

tmg2019
Grasshopper

Solved by Shaw.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am having issues with your phone line as well.

meanone
Grasshopper

I am having issues with your phone line as well.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

What is the issue that you're encountering with your phon...

shaw-valerie

@meanone What is the issue that you're encountering with your phone service? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Clearly this problem is not resolved in general, because...

GeoPro1
Grasshopper

Clearly this problem is not resolved in general, because I see the same issue. I'm trying to help my mom set up call forwarding on her phone. She sees the same issue as the poster above, and when we attempt to enable call forwarding, Shaw says "Oops, something went wrong. Try again."

Of course you know that "Try again" has never worked in the entire history of error handling. 🙂

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

That error message can be the result of server maintenanc...

shaw-valerie

@GeoPro1 That error message can be the result of server maintenance, in which case it would be cleared up by trying later on. If that message persists, it is typically a backend error specific to your account as the original poster in this thread noted was the issue in their case and was resolved after having our technical support team escalate their account error. Get in touch with our technical support team here so they can take a look into your account further with you if you're still seeing this message when trying to manage your phone features. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help