Will caller get answering machine if I'm on it?

Not applicable

Preamble:

On my remote landline, when I am on a call with Betty, I hear Call Waiting beeps signalling that there is another caller.

QUESTION:

1. If I do NOT answer the new caller, will they be redirected to MY Voicemail (Vm) machine or will it just keep ringing for them until they hang up, or I answer? If NO then please go to #2 below, else thank you, Have a Merry Christmas and  goodbye.
  2. Same scenario as in #1 above, BUT, assume I use Shaw's digital Vm instead of my phone's built-in answering (Vm) machine, will the caller be redirected to the Shaw Vm machine?

Reason for question: 

Not being a prisoner, I do not have a Cell - just the landline. I don't have to ask Shaw for my messages (Vm), I get them right off the phone Base. Sometimes, when speaking to Betty, I hear the call waiting beeps and would prefer not to answer, but always do - in case it's Veronica.

It would be nice if I didn't have to answer a Call Waiting, in case it's Jughead, and any unanswered Call Waiting were redirected to an Vm answering device, be it mine or Shaw's, after the already set number of rings on my L/L?

Thank you for your interest in responding,

HIMmit

- the politically correct version of a HERmit.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Will caller get answering machine if I'm on it?

shaw-tony

Hey himmit,

If you do not answer the call waiting beep, the other person calling you just continue to hear the phone ring. This also applies to your second question. Unfortunately, Jughead will just continue to hear the phone ring out until they hang up, he won't be directed to any voicemails (both Shaw and your phone base). 

Cheers,
Tony | Community Mod.

Re: Will caller get answering machine if I'm on it?

Not applicable

Many thanks Tony - by the way, were it not for Christmas, there'd be no "Holidays", "Happy" or otherwise. "Happy Holidays" is just the retailers way of converting non-Christians into buy stuff for their Muslim, Taoist, Buddhists etcetera friends and family.  Your version of greeting is insulting to Canadians, and even non-Christians that don';t mind the extra pay and day off anyway

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help