2 Year ValuePlan renewal

Wuzzles72
Grasshopper

Hi, I was in touch via online chat about renewing my 2 year ValuePlan that expires towards the end of November which includes Internet 300, Small TV, and home phone.  They quoted me what they said would be the lowest possible price they could offer me (although new customers are able to get a much better deal) so I will be rejecting the offer that was given to me outright and will go ahead and cancel both my cable TV and home phone.  They did give me a reference number to quote if I wanted to be in touch about it later on.  It is my understanding that services cannot be cancelled via online chat so what number should I call and who should I speak to in regards to just renewing my Internet without any other services?  Will I be directed to return my BlueSky cable box and phone modem to Shaw's office here in Edmonton upon my current two year deal ending?  I have never cancelled services before so thanks for any insight and info.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Do you want to go "elsewhere" to get phone service, and a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

Do you want to go "elsewhere" to get phone service, and also keep your existing telephone number? If so, make arrangements with that other service provider before you cancel with Shaw.  This allows the new provider to "port" your existing number into their network.

If you look at your Shaw account, via http://my.shaw.ca you should see a monthly "rental" fee for the Shaw phone box and for the Bluesky box. So, to avoid having Shaw invoice you for "buying" those boxes, you must return them.

Since you have to go to a Shaw retail location to return the hardware, talk to them about retaining your Internet services.

Hint: there could be an alternative Internet provider in your area, that sub-leases "space" on Shaw's cable network to residential customers, at a price that is different from Shaw.

0 Kudos

Probably easier to just go in to the retail office and ca...

rstra
Grand Master

Probably easier to just go in to the retail office and cancel and drop off your equipment.

Much appreciated

Wuzzles72
Grasshopper

Thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help