Jump to solution

--  I can do volume, channel control and turn off and on,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mikejhorner --  I can do volume, channel control and turn off and on, BUT when I turn on the TV input does not work and I cannot use the cursor to navigate the Roku home screen.

You have correctly programming the remote-control to send the correct codes to your TV for volume up/down, mute, and power on/off. I don't know why the TV input signal from the remote-control is not being received by your TV.

Your remote-control sends the channel-control codes to your PVR.

After using the TV input control to tell the TV to select the audio/video output from the ROKU, you will need to program the remote-control to send the correct cursor-movement codes to the ROKU.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Nothing works. I have spent an hour on this two different...

Diningdiva
Grasshopper

Nothing works. I have spent an hour on this two different times.  Shaw Bluetooth remote does not pair with 6 series TCL 75”.  I have tried every method. When I type in type - tcl roku it just takes me in circles and keeps asking brand of TV.  Frustrating that the technology isnt there for a brand new tv. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Did you try programming the remote using rf pairing or a...

rstra
Grand Master

@Diningdiva Did you try programming the remote using rf pairing or a remote code?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I have. I don’t know if there are different codes for TCL...

Diningdiva
Grasshopper

I have. I don’t know if there are different codes for TCL TVs or no?

what is an ref pairing?  
thank you 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I like the Xfinity instructions, when it says press the X...

rstra
Grand Master

@Diningdiva I like the Xfinity instructions, when it says press the Xfinity button, you will press the Shaw button. I checked and they list the TCL-Roku TV.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank You so much!! Easy easy! 5 second setup and it fina...

Diningdiva
Grasshopper

Thank You so much!! Easy easy! 5 second setup and it finally works!! Thank you thank you!

Jump to solution

Does it let you work the Roku channels?

Gvernon
Grasshopper

Does it let you work the Roku channels? 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Did you every get the input to work ? I’m having the same...

mksagert
Grasshopper

Did you every get the input to work ? I’m having the same issue 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Try This SHAW REMOTE SETUP 1.  Clear the memory on the re...

bmason
Grasshopper

Try This

SHAW REMOTE SETUP

1.  Clear the memory on the remote.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter 981 (sometimes 986).  Test the remote to make sure it does not control anything.

2.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter code 991 (for TV).  Press the CHANNEL UP until the TV turns off.  Then, press SETUP again to lock in the code.  Green light should blink twice.  Turn the TV back on.

3.  Press setup until it goes green.  Enter code 992 (for audio amp/receiver).  Press the CHANNEL UP until the AMP/RECEIVER turns off.  Then, press SETUP again to lock in the code.  Green light should blink twice.  Turn the Amp/receiver back on.

4.  With both the TV and Sound System on, press the “All Power” button.  Both systems should now turn off.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help