A question about Shaw Gateway HDPVR

CoffeeLover909
Grasshopper

I have the Motorola PVR cable box and am switching to the Shaw Gateway HDPVR as I feel the Motorola has a effy picture quality....I'm not a fan of the Bluecurve cable boxes as I prefer the layout of the traditional cable boxes myself....just a personal preference that's all....how is the picture quality & other things with the Shaw Gateway HDPVR compared with the Motorola ones?....thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

-- see: Shaw Legacy Cable Box Upgrade Shaw is "retiring"...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@CoffeeLover909 -- see: Shaw Legacy Cable Box Upgrade

Shaw is "retiring" many of the older PVR and HDPVR boxes, leaving the Shaw Gateway and the BlueCurve boxes as the only current boxes.

So, you might not have much choice.

The Shaw Gateway records to a disk-drive (now getting old) physically inside the box.  So, you would "lose" those recordings, if/when you upgrade to the BlueCurve -- which records to the Shaw "Cloud". So, maybe, your best solution is to bypass the Shaw Gateway, and upgrade now to the BlueCurve. Probably the "Cloud" has a larger capacity than that internal disk-drive.

0 Kudos

Hate to break it to you that gateway wil be retired feb 2...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper

@CoffeeLover909 

Hate to break it to you that gateway wil be retired feb 24th so only option will e blue curve after this date.  

0 Kudos

The gateway system is not scheduled for retirement at thi...

rstra
Grand Master
0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help