That link only connects you to American Amazon account. I...

CalgaryK
Grasshopper

That link only connects you to American Amazon account. I'm trying to find a link to my amazon.ca Amazon Video - with no luck so far! I'm on hold with an agent right now.

0 Kudos

The link provided: https://www.amazon.com/mytv should wor...

shaw-valerie

@CalgaryK The link provided: https://www.amazon.com/mytv should work for either Canadian or US accounts, you just need to have an active Amazon Prime subscription associated with the account you log in to. (If you do not currently have a Prime membership, visit https://www.amazon.ca/prime first to sign up. 

Is prime video working on blue curve for u

Brian59
Grasshopper

Is prime video working on blue curve for u

0 Kudos

I'm not aware of any current issues with the Prime Video...

shaw-valerie

@Brian59 I'm not aware of any current issues with the Prime Video app on BlueCurve TV, and use it myself at home without any issues. Are you seeing an error message when trying to launch the app, or some other unexpected behaviour? 

0 Kudos

The App is buggy with respect to being able to launch an...

robmann
Grasshopper

The App is buggy with respect to being able to launch an episode - you can get over to a season with no issues but if you try to launch an episode it can take anywhere from 1 to 6 attempts before the episode launches (this does NOT happen on my apple TV) Amazon Prime support said for me to delete and reinstall the app, unfortunately I can not do that on the set top box.

Other issue that is seen is on many occasions is if a subtitle shows on screen it is in German, no matter what settings are used - Amazon has said this is a known issue and unrelated to the issue with launching an episode.

0 Kudos

If you're still experiencing issues with the app, one thi...

shaw-valerie

@robmann If you're still experiencing issues with the app, one thing you can try is a system refresh on the BlueCurve TV box. Complete the following steps to perform the system refresh:

1. Press the Shaw button on your BlueCurve TV remote.
  2. Select Settings (gear icon).
  3. Select Help.
  4. Select System Refresh.
  5. Select Refresh Now

The system refresh can take between 5-20 minutes to complete. If you power down your BlueCurve TV Player during this time, the refresh will have no effect. Once the box has booted back up, try to watch a program in the Prime Video app again. If you are still experiencing playback issues, get in touch with our technical support team here so they can run through some additional testing of your equipment. 

0 Kudos

I've been trying for 2 weeks to get Prime Video to work w...

chan6929
Grasshopper

I've been trying for 2 weeks to get Prime Video to work with our BlueCurve box. Spent 2 separate support sessions online with Shaw as well as direct with Amazon Canada to get the "Something went wrong. Please try again later..." message to not come up. Did numerous system resets, power offs, system refreshes both locally and initiated at Shaw's end and still not working. Amazon asked me to deregister and reregister using a few different activation URLs they have, and again, still no luck.

Finally, today, Shaw sent 2 techs to try swapping the Blue Curve box for a new one and they also checked out the cable connection coming into the house. After all that, it still will not work. They then suggested that having more than 3 devices registered to my Prime Video account is causing the problem. So I deregistered ALL devices from my Amazon account and registered only 1 device - the Blue Curve box. Still doesn't work!

The tech left a voicemail later saying that the problem with the Prime Video app is a known issue and that Amazon needs to fix the app before it will work properly with Blue Curve.

This is so frustrating, why isn't such a widespread problem not being prioritized?

0 Kudos

Prime Video loading is improving. German Subtitles are st...

rickatk
Master

Prime Video loading is improving. German Subtitles are still present.

0 Kudos

I am very sorry for the ongoing frustrations. We are curr...

shaw-tony

@chan6929 I am very sorry for the ongoing frustrations. We are currently working with our vendors to resolve this matter. Tracked under: PRB0049869. When you press "Play" does the message come right back up?

0 Kudos

The error message appears about 30-60 seconds after click...

chan6929
Grasshopper

The error message appears about 30-60 seconds after clicking on the Play button for a show. During that time, the rotating circle is displayed on screen.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help