Jump to solution

Analog box vers digital box

Krazzee
Grasshopper

The building I live in in Vancouver BC has a deal with Shaw where we get basic cable for free in each unit. A friend of mine who lives here in the building as well received a digital box when he activated his service which was a couple months after myself. However when I activated my service I received an analog box the small basic box. Has anyone else received the same service that is a bit unfair in my eyes?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Bulk agreements should include a single HD box, I would c...

rstra
Grand Master

@Krazzee Bulk agreements should include a single HD box, I would call Shaw back and ask for the same box that your friend has. If you want to upgrade services from what is offered in the bulk plan, Shaw would create a separate account and bill you the difference.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jump to solution

-- note that ALL of the Shaw digital-terminals and PVRs a...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Krazzee -- note that ALL of the Shaw digital-terminals and PVRs are "digital", not "analog". It's Shaw's way to prevent "stealing cable", and, of course, to offer PPV and Video-On-Demand services, and to allow customers to use the My Shaw Portal to dynamically add channels.

See: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/about-regional-tv-box-upgrades/ta-p/32715

for an image of the "DCT 700" wedge-shaped set-top box. Is that what you have received? 

According to the above web-page, the DCT 700 was discontinued on May 5, 2021, but only in some regions -- not Vancouver, yet.

Most "skinny-TV" customers are paying $5/month for the rental of a digital box, in addition to the $25/month fee for "skinny-TV". I am curious -- are you paying the $5?

See: Channels-comparison.pdf (shaw.ca)

Caution: some contributors on this discussion forum indicate that the above "comparison" page contains incorrect/obsolete information.

Do your friends get the high-definition channels, through their set-top box, or just the standard-definition channels ? If they do, and you have a HD-capable TV, you should contact Shaw, and get a HD-capable digital terminal.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Bulk agreements should include a single HD box, I would c...

rstra
Grand Master

@Krazzee Bulk agreements should include a single HD box, I would call Shaw back and ask for the same box that your friend has. If you want to upgrade services from what is offered in the bulk plan, Shaw would create a separate account and bill you the difference.

Jump to solution

Thank you I think I'll be doing that. As well thank you s...

Krazzee
Grasshopper

Thank you I think I'll be doing that. As well thank you so much for response it's made my birthday morning, thanks again cheers Tim

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help