I hate to admit it mdk - but you've got a good point there.

bostonbob
Grasshopper

@mdk wrote:

@bostonbob -- Why the hall do we even have SD channels anymore ???? 

SD recordings occupy much less disk-space on my (non-cloud) PVR.

Is there any sense in watching a non-SD recording of any of the "talking heads" on any of the daytime/late-night talk shows?

I hate to admit it mdk - but you've got a good point there. 

0 Kudos

-- $113 a month for triple play is an amazing price Yes,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- $113 a month for triple play is an amazing price

Yes, it would be really amazing, but I wrote:

I am paying $98/month for "Internet 300" and $25/month for Shaw Phone,

with a $10/month discount, bringing the total to $113/month.

That is the price for a double play.

From Shaw's web-site: Fibre+ 300 -- $100/mo for the first 24 months with 2-year ValuePlan.

Not sure if that is the "new customer" price, or the "new Value Plan" price.

I am not sure what the new pricing will be to replace my current Shaw Phone plan, where I pay an extra $6/month for voice-mail and other features. The Shaw web-site is not clear whether those "extras" are now "included".

0 Kudos

Oops, thought you were triple play.

rstra
Grand Master

Oops, thought you were triple play. 

0 Kudos

Yes indeed, the services Shaw is offering these days are...

rickatk
Master

@shaw-tony wrote:

@bostonbob I understand rate adjustments can be frustrating and we want to ensure your plan best suits your needs. At this time to enjoy more HD channels, you will need to upgrade to BlueCurve TV. I know that there are some features you are looking for that exist with the Gateway and have passed the feedback along to our product team to implement. We appreciate your long-standing business with us. Let me know if you have any questions.

Yes indeed, the services Shaw is offering these days are pretty awesome, but OMG its getting pricey! Guess that is the cost of having leading edge features like Fibre+ Gig and Wireless 4K TV players and cloud PVR. Shaw has been generous with discounts. Hopefully in time the pricing will stabilize and go down again. A year ago I was down to $165.00 with Blue Sky and cable connected tv players, telephone and 600Mbps internet. Now an extra $80.00 after discounting for all the new features. Pricey but it is a good system! 😬 

PS: I have no intention to head off to Telus the other full service privder in my area. They don’t offer anything better as far as packages and pricing.

0 Kudos

Hi there,  I thought it was triple play as well, based on...

Sith
Grasshopper

Hi there, 

I thought it was triple play as well, based on MDK's sentence.

"I tried to explain to her that I am happy with the monthly fees for their web-hosting, but, personally, I have the Shaw "triple play" on a two-year Value Plan."

0 Kudos

Rate increase? Yet "in house technical service" to custom...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

Rate increase? Yet "in house technical service" to customer's homes is still paused until further notice.

0 Kudos

-- Yet "in house technical service" to customer's homes i...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@michaelstein -- Yet "in house technical service" to customer's homes is still paused until further notice.

Yet, a friend who converted an unfinished basement into an in-law suite had a Shaw installer enter her home, to work in the "wiring closet" to connect coaxial-cables. There were brand-new coaxial-cable runs from Shaw's "demarcation box" into the wiring closet that needed to have connectors added, and brand-new coaxial-cable runs from various rooms in the suite that terminated at the wiring closet, also needing to have connectors added.

My understanding is that it is the "call" of the Shaw installer to decide whether to enter a home, or not.

Given that the in-law suite had never been occupied (other than by the general contractor and the house-owner), it was acceptable for the Shaw employee to enter.

Of course, this "first-time" install is quite different from entering my friend's home, and going into the rooms where the friend has a PVR or a cable-modem, and/or touching my friend's computer.

0 Kudos

-- I wrote: I am paying $98/month for "Internet 300" and...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Sith -- I wrote:

I am paying $98/month for "Internet 300" and $25/month for Shaw Phone,

with a $10/month discount, bringing the total to $113/month.

That is the price for a double play.

--------------------

Those prices, before taxes, do not include the third part of a "triple play", namely a TV package ("Limited TV" or "Total TV" or the grandfathered "Personal TV"). So, they are the "double play" prices for my account.

0 Kudos

@Bostonbob Starting Nov 1st. Shaw are raising rates again...

cpmrich36
Grasshopper
@bostonbob Starting Nov 1st. Shaw are raising rates again? are you still on gateway or finally switch to bluecurve to get more hd channels
0 Kudos

He switched to Telus and is likely not happy with their n...

rstra
Grand Master

@cpmrich36   He switched to Telus and is likely not happy with their new credit card processing fee. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help