Arris Gateway and all portals dropping audio and video

Boight
Grasshopper

So for about the last 10 days (since it snowed which might be coincidental) our TVs have been having this issue where the audio will drop briefly along with either a blank screen with error or heavily pixelated or stuttering video. I  have reset the gateway, didn't make any difference.

However it appears to happen mostly  when watching a recorded video which we do a lot, but also happening LIVE right now on CTV Edmonton. FWIW nothing is recording but I was just testing last nights recording of the CNN debate which still has the dropouts and then the LIVE CTV started messing up badly.

I just reset the Gateway again, seems good for the moment.

There is an expander attached to the gateway and it's showing as 17% full which I'm guessing is the total of the gateway and the 1 TB expander space.

If I rewind, sometimes.. just sometimes it will playback a bad section with less issues. We have 4 portals and all show the same problem.

So I don't know if the original signal is corrupt or the hard drive(s). HELP!!!!

Labels (1)
3 Replies

And I'll just add.. After power cycling the gateway, with...

Boight
Grasshopper

And I'll just add..

After power cycling the gateway, within 15 min it was dropping audio and macroblocking

This morning no Internet. Had to power off hitron modem, which didn't help so did the second reset this week. I got problems.

0 Kudos

And, it appears streaming is ok.

Boight
Grasshopper

And, it appears streaming is ok.

0 Kudos

Have you been in touch with our technical support team ye...

shaw-valerie

@Boight Have you been in touch with our technical support team yet to take a look into this? The issues that you're describing with your TV do sound signal related, so I would also recommend that you give the steps on this page a try (with the gateway system, do this with the main Gateway) to try and clear that up. If those steps don't help, our tech support team can run some further diagnostics to test the signal ans see if perhaps a service appointment would be required. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help