Aspect Ratio - Blue Sky

Cha1
Grasshopper

I’ve had Shaw Blue Sky for 2 years. All channels are HD, i.e 16:9 with the exception of one channel which is not HD, i.e. 4:3. When toggling between a 16:9 channel and the 4:3 channel, it has not been necessary to change the aspect ratio setting each time. It seemed to be in memory. Upon renewing my contract, a new PVR was installed. Day 1 it worked as always. The next day it did not. Now I am unable to toggle without having to go to settings and change aspect ratio each time. I called Tech Support and jumped through the hoops with 4 different techs who either did not understand the problem or could not instruct how to access a memory setting. I went to the local Shaw office. THEIR MONITOR WAS INCORRECTLY SET AND THE EMPLOYEE COULD NOT PERCEIVE THE “STRETCHED” EFFECT. If I had not had the experience of the past 2 years, I might think what I am asking for is not possible, but 100% I know it was. I understand there is symbiotic relationship between the TV settings and the PVR settings. Both are set for 16:9. If anyone else has encountered this problem and has a solution, please share. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Setting this up in the Device Settings should save that a...

shaw-valerie

@Cha1 Setting this up in the Device Settings should save that as the default preference. To access the Settings menu:

1. Press the Shaw button on your remote.
  2. Use the right arrow or left arrow button to select the gear icon.
  3. Press OK on the remote.

Then choose 'Device Settings' then 'Video Display' to change the Zoom settings. If the selections that you save there are not saving correctly, we would likely want to  setup a service appointment for you, get in touch with our technical support team to arrange that. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help