Yes, I have checked and tried all settings, the zoom is o...

erik_s
Grasshopper

Yes, I have checked and tried all settings, the zoom is off, I have reset the box, I have reset the router, I have reset the Neflix app, nothing has worked.

0 Kudos

By the way, I see this issue has shown up on the Rogers b...

erik_s
Grasshopper

By the way, I see this issue has shown up on the Rogers boards in the last few days. They use the same hardware as Shaw. There is definitely something going on with some XI6 boxes and Netflix 4:3 programs.

0 Kudos

--  what manufacturer and model of TV do you have? My TV...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@kenohrn --  what manufacturer and model of TV do you have?

My TV has an option to "stretch" incoming 4:3 signals to 16:9, but I have disabled that option.

0 Kudos

It's not a setting on my TV. When it first started, it wa...

erik_s
Grasshopper

It's not a setting on my TV. When it first started, it was on my JVC projector, but my Samsung TV and Vizio TV were both fine. So I switched the boxes between the projector and the Vizio and problem moved with the box. I contacted Shaw support via chat and didn't come up with anything but since I would never watch Netflix on the Vizio I was happy. But 2 days ago the problem started with the other 2 boxes. I think there must have been an update only loaded on 1 box to begin with, but now it's loaded on all the boxes.

0 Kudos

I also am having the same issue trying to watch Star Trek...

moutzygun
Grasshopper

I also am having the same issue trying to watch Star Trek TNG.  Everything was fine last time I watched.  Now Netflix is stretching the 4:3 shows.  Looks terrible.  Is anyone from Shaw doing anything about this?

Rogers customers are experiencing the same issue. Either...

rstra
Grand Master

Rogers customers are experiencing the same issue. Either Comcast or Netflix develop the app for this platform, so it would it would likely be up to them to fix it. I can’t see any settings anywhere that would change to resolution. 

0 Kudos

Same thing is happening to me, both shows. I've checked t...

BTHODGSON
Grasshopper

Same thing is happening to me, both shows. I've checked the settings on everything I have and it's not any of my equipment. 

Unable to find the aspect ratio settings in the shaw/Netflix app.

This is still an ongoing issue. Is it being addressed?

erik_s
Grasshopper

This is still an ongoing issue. Is it being addressed?

0 Kudos

My new Sony TV has a Netflix app.  These Star Treks displ...

kenohrn
Grasshopper

My new Sony TV has a Netflix app.  These Star Treks display in their normal aspect ratio without needing to change the TV set's settings.

Something is wrong with the Shaw BlueCurve Netflix app. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help