Audio breakups (sound drops) on US West networks

abdba
Grasshopper

For the last few weeks I've been experiencing random audio drops that are isolated to the US West networks.  Drops are usually about 500ms, today some seemed to last about 1.5s.

Additional details:

• Gateway system.
  • Affects the US networks (west coast/Spokane feeds) only: channels 200-204
  • Other US channels (i.e. CNN) are fine.
  • Happens at various times of the day: notice in the morning during CBS This Morning and at night during Jimmy Kimmel Live
  • Happens for both the main feed and simsubed commercials (i.e. Mattress Mattress Alberta)
  • Drops are usually every few seconds and might depend on the audio level (i.e. some voices [audio levels] seem to trigger it a lot, others not at all).  Hence pattern is erratic.
  • Last Friday (May 15) the problem seemed to go away - thought the issue was resolved.  The next day it was back.
  • Can hear it on all 5 of my portals including ones hooked directly into AVRs and others hooked directly into TV sets.
  • Happens on live, non-live (buffered), and recorded content
  • Of course have done many reboots of both the portals and gateway - no change.
  • In the YYC area.

Are there any known issues with the US main network (CBS, ABC, NBC) feeds that Shaw is receiving?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

I have heard it on FOX and ABC in the Southern Interior o...

rstra
Grand Master

I have heard it on FOX and ABC in the Southern Interior on BlueCurve.

0 Kudos

>  notice in the morning during CBS This Morning  Maybe,...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

>  notice in the morning during CBS This Morning 

Maybe, the Sun is rising behind a straight line from Shaw's satellite-dish and the stationary-orbiting broadcast satellite, and causing interference on some frequencies?  That would not explain the interruption of Kimmel. 😞

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help