Audio dropping and recording problems

CDavids
Grasshopper

Yesterday my Blue Sky has problems recording. It recorded my shows but when I went to watch them they froze, skipped, or the volume would cut out. Some said there was an error and the recording couldn’t play and to try later. But it never started working again. Ever since then my audio has been cutting out on all my live TV channels. From as little as 30seconds to over five minutes. It’s happening on ALLL my boxes. So it’s not my TV. 

Labels (1)
15 Replies

We did experience some issues with TV service on Sunday a...

shaw-valerie

@CDavids We did experience some issues with TV service on Sunday and Monday evenings, which would have been the time frame in which you were seeing this impact. This has been resolved now, so your live TV viewing should be back to normal now. Unfortunately any content recorded during that timeframe would be affected by the broadcast issues that were occurring at the time the recordings took place, apologies for any inconvenience. 

0 Kudos

This has been happening to me for months!! I can’t watch...

Nerdbird
Grasshopper

This has been happening to me for months!! I can’t watch anything recorded on global, CTV etc so all good shows are completely destroyed when I try to watch them. Shaw has been no help at all. Ppl have been out to “fix” the problem, troubleshooters just put their hands in the air and say “weird, I dunno” and leave it at that. For the extortionate feed they charge, you’d think service would be better.... 

-- I would ask Shaw to ship a replacement BlueCurve PVR t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Nerdbird -- I would ask Shaw to ship a replacement BlueCurve PVR to you. I think that the disk-drive inside the BlueCurve is having problems reading/writing, which causes intermittent "stutters" and "freezes". How old is the BlueCurve?

Any "consumer-level" disk-drive probably has a 1-year or 2-year warranty. 

Unfortunately and unavoidably, swapping PVRs will "lose" all your recorded content.

0 Kudos

Though you may still have your recordings available, via...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Though you may still have your recordings available, via cloud based viewing / recordings, through the Shaw BlueCurve TV App from your computer or other connected device, if a PVR swap were to occur.

0 Kudos

-- Though you may still have your recordings available, v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Zeph -- Though you may still have your recordings available, via cloud based viewing / recordings, through the Shaw BlueCurve TV App from your computer or other connected device, if a PVR swap were to occur.

And if you are in a region where Shaw has rolled-out the "Cloud PVR" feature.

From a Shaw web-site:

As of December 5, 2019, Cloud PVR is available only for BlueCurve TV customers in Vancouver, Vancouver Island, the Okanagan, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, and select surrounding areas. This feature will expand to other regions at a later date.

But, if you are having "stuttering" and you are streaming from your Cloud recordings, or from live broadcasts, you have some other problem.

> It’s happening on ALLL my boxes

Are you referring to the Shaw "portal" devices that are communicating, via a "hidden" WiFi channel, to your "master" unit?

0 Kudos

We have exactly the same problem . We got a new pvr and i...

Paul71
Grasshopper

We have exactly the same problem . We got a new pvr and it made no difference.

Have you solved the problem?

Hello, I'm having the same issue. We reported this to sha...

Hesscham
Grasshopper

Hello, I'm having the same issue. We reported this to shaw and they sent out a tech but it still happening. I'm at the point of switching to Telus to see if this resolves the issue. 

-- Shaw sent out a tech It is unfortunate that whatever t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Hesscham -- Shaw sent out a tech

It is unfortunate that whatever the tech did was not helpful. The tech should have reported back to Shaw, to "escalate" any issue that the tech could not resolve.

Because this is only a peer-to-peer discussion forum, I recommend that you contact Shaw Support again (currently, online chat has priority over telephone) and get an agent to remotely logon to your device, to view the incoming signal-strength, and the "health" status of the disk-drive inside the PVR, where your recordings are stored. A "failing" disk-drive will cause "stuttering" and "drop-outs", as would poor signal-strength.

Of course, switching to TELUS' technology will BYPASS your problems. Hopefully, it won't introduce any new problem(s).

Twice this year (once pre-COVID, one last week), TELUS offered to "buy me out" of my current two-year Value Plan, namely to give me $135 in credit (9 months times $15) if I signed-up to a 3-year contract. It's your money, and your choice.

0 Kudos

This exact same problem as CDavids, above comment, is als...

stephbuset
Grasshopper

This exact same problem as CDavids, above comment, is also happening to my audio on all channels and on recordings.  It started in the evening of October 21 Continued happening today.  I unplugged to do a reset and now I have no signal.  I live in NorthVancouver.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help