Audio static for ch 202 NBC -HD

Tbahz
Grasshopper

Lately we have been hearing audio static on this channel only.  It’s on every tv in my home but worse in my bonus room because it has home theatre. 

Why?  Just one channel. Some days are okay. Most are not. Every tv. So it’s not a coax cable issue. It’s from the source. From Shaw. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

it may potentially be a problem from the source (NBC). I...

shaw-tony

@Tbahz it may potentially be a problem from the source (NBC). I haven't heard of any reports of issues so it may be an isolated problem since its intermittent. Are there any specific shows that it becomes static? What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

0 Kudos

Same thing here.

yamamoto509
Grasshopper

Same thing here.

0 Kudos

very odd. Are you still noticing the issue right now?

shaw-tony

@yamamoto509 very odd. Are you still noticing the issue right now?

0 Kudos

It's happening here in Thunder Bay too. I was not happy w...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

It's happening here in Thunder Bay too. I was not happy with your standard " I haven't heard of any reports of issues so it may be an isolated problem since its intermittent." response. We get that every time from Shaw.

Also shows stopping and starting many time during an episode. Channels 201, 202, probably others.

Another problem, recorded Chicago Med on channel 202, Law and Order on channel 202 had background noise but no audio for the voices.

Called Shaw support this morning and was told 130th in line. Sounds like there are lots of reported problems.

0 Kudos

I hear your frustrations as this sounds like an issue fro...

shaw-tony

@rickchicorli I hear your frustrations as this sounds like an issue from the broadcasters. Please touch base with technical support so we can investigate further. I appreciate your patience.

I am having same issues with just started watching progra...

CHERYLT
Grasshopper

I am having same issues with just started watching programs recorded in October its static some have no sound talking just background noise. This is a real disappointment with Shaw. Going to change them as soon as contract is up.

0 Kudos

just to make sure is it only content recorded from channe...

shaw-tony

@CHERYLT just to make sure is it only content recorded from channel 202? Does it happen with Live shows?

0 Kudos

I have also noticed “audio-static” on various channels. A...

DJFriz
Grasshopper

I have also noticed “audio-static” on various channels. Always seems to be one isolated channel. Currently I am noticing it on a free-preview channel (249 Hi-Fi).

The static seems to happen and persist after commercials have ended and the show returns. It also seems to happen after some time has passed.

What I found has seemed to temporarily (until commercials commence or an extended time) fix the problem is to pause the show and immediately play the show. Considering that this immediately stops the static; I would consider the problem to be coming from the box. Maybe a stream problem? Maybe a decoder issue? Not sure.

Hope this helps you to troubleshoot this problem further~!

0 Kudos

That's definitely odd. Can I get some additional informat...

shaw-valerie

@DJFriz That's definitely odd. Can I get some additional information on your setup, including the model of cable box you have, how the audio is being played from the box (ie through the TV speakers, via a receiver/surround sound/sound bar and the type of cable connecting the cable box to the audio device) as well, what audio settings do you have selected in the settings on your cable box? 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help