Audio video blips during many shows on CBS/NBC/PBS/FOX.

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

I just went through a long thread about this behaviour but it was mainly about Bluecurve PVRs and is about a year and a half old now.

I've posted about this before myself. Lots of quick audio dropouts, sometimes the video is affected, for like a second or two. Long enough to miss several words in a sentence. I have a Gateway PVR still. A friend has a PVR one generation before Gateway and she has the same problem. Another friend has Bluecurve (wireless) and he has the same problem.

This has been going on for years. Anyone else having this issue? I'm in Thunder Bay Ontario.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Probably a signal issue, contact Shaw to troubleshoot.

rstra
Grand Master

@rickchicorli  Probably a signal issue, contact Shaw to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos

I was hoping you would respond! You've been a great help....

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

I was hoping you would respond! You've been a great help. It happens to 3 different houses here not in the same area of town. (I've not had much success calling Shaw in the past about this problem but I will give them a call.) 

I'm curious if if happens to anyone else.

0 Kudos

I don’t have the problem here, but I am in BC, it could b...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickchicorli  I don’t have the problem here, but I am in BC, it could be an area issue for you, but Shaw is the best first start. You might need a service call.

0 Kudos

I've noticed this happening once again on KTLA, and as I'...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I've noticed this happening once again on KTLA, and as I've mentioned in a previous post of the same issue occuring during KTLA News at 10 PM, but along with that occuring once again during their 10 PM newscast, it's also happening on other KTLA programming as well, on 'Who's Line Is It Anyway?' for example, which airs prior to KTLA News at 10 PM. I'm also on BlueCurve TV, in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

0 Kudos

Thanks for responding! Either it comes from the US networ...

rickchicorli
Grasshopper

Thanks for responding! Either it comes from the US networks or it is a problem with Shaw's feed, I guess. I don't know if it is a problem On Demand. I rarely use On Demand preferring to record the shows.

I assumed many others must be having the same problem.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help