Bad support service In general how do we change this?

Parsonsart
Grasshopper

Hi, My name is Garret.

I have been a customer for more than 40 years.

Love your new mobile offerings, switched over and happy with that service.

Contacting support via chat, not so much.

*mod removed personal info*

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Hi   First off please never put your personal info. (full...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Parsonsart  First off please never put your personal info. (full name, account number, etc.) on a public forum for everyone to see, this is only a peer to peer support forum not an official way to contact Shaw Support, this forum is for general people to help out each other.  I have to admit after reading your post I would be confused just like the rep you spoke to.  Sorry to hear of your troubles, please try to contact them again and slowly explain what your troubles are and answer the questions they ask of you, misunderstandings are so easily escalated. 

Well your response and the tone of your message is what I...

Parsonsart
Grasshopper

Well your response and the tone of your message is what I am talking about. I am ok with me being confusing. I can correct that and clam down. Like anyone else. What I do not want and will not put with is this type of response. It is childish and rude. Try next time not attacking the poster and actually off some help. Thank you. 

0 Kudos

Sorry to hear you feel that way  I was neither childish o...

g-idk
Master

Sorry to hear you feel that way @Parsonsart I was neither childish or rude to you on any level in my response to you.  You seem to be reading into things that we not even said, I never attacked you as a poster and I offered what advice I could to you seeing that I am in no way a Shaw rep.  Have a wonderful day. 

I am talking about tone and my original post is about how...

Parsonsart
Grasshopper

I am talking about tone and my original post is about how to treat customers and not to treat them like fools. You my not think so, but that is what you are doing. It is about how information is sent and then perceived. Try reading out loud what you first wrote to me and or to another persons. Wait for the response and you will see the tone. For instance a better way to respond to me would have been to say; I see you are concurred and so are we. I read through your post and will look into this. I am going to take off the personal information if I can, because this is seen by the public. 

That’s a lot better than what I was sent. But the way it was stated did not or would not make the customer feel like things are under control. If you get back short snappy comments that don’t come close to understanding and helping the costumer you are going to just get a lot of pissed off people on your hands that would normally be pleasant to deal with. 

PS: I would never put the owners on the client. This was what you did in your response to me.

0 Kudos

Because I want to be clear. Hi @Parsonsart First off ple...

Parsonsart
Grasshopper

Because I want to be clear.

Hi @Parsonsart  First off please never put your personal info. (full name, account number, etc.) on a public forum for everyone to see, this is only a peer to peer support forum not an official way to contact Shaw Support, this forum is for general people to help out each other. 

Good info above. But tone is off. Starting your sentence with First off please never put your personal info. This Is called a statement marker. The tone is finger pointing, like in a list. It comes off like this. First.... and secondly and so forth in a conversation. Really not a good way to start any convo.

I have to admit after reading your post I would be confused just like the rep you spoke to. 

Here you gave me your personal insight to the chat? Never do that. It will always go in the wrong direction. 

Sorry to hear of your troubles, please try to contact them again and slowly explain what your troubles are and answer the questions they ask of you, misunderstandings are so easily escalated.

Now you have assumed that I did Not give them what they were asking for and are telling me how to act and what to do. This is very bad form and the tone is not good. What was not pasted was how many time I answered those questions before they put me on to the next persons. So never assume something about you clients.  

0 Kudos

Hi   I do not work or have ever worked for Shaw, I'm just...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Parsonsart  I do not work or have ever worked for Shaw, I'm just a general user on here.  This is not an official Shaw Support Channel as I mentioned earlier, just a bunch of Shaw Internet users some with fantastic knowledge on internet things and some with fantastic knowledge of tv issues.  I have nothing to due with the removal of your personal info. that would be the moderators prerogative.  If you want to make an official complaint to Shaw scroll down to the bottom of this page after reading this and under the About Us Section you should find Your Voice.  click on that link to voice your concerns to Shaw directly, or you can maybe try chat/phone again with them  I do truly hope you can get your services back up and running correctly. Good luck 

P.S.  I did as you asked and showed this thread to a few people and not one of them found my response to you as negative.  

Sometimes chatting or texting is not the best form of com...

rstra
Grand Master

Sometimes chatting or texting is not the best form of communication for everyone. For technical issues, I would suggest calling in, maybe the message between you and the rep would be clearer. 

-- What was not pasted was how many time I answered those...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Parsonsart -- What was not pasted was how many time I answered those questions before they put me on to the next person ...

Should those Shaw Support employees apologize for trying to be thorough?  No way.

Should they apologize for following their training, and "escalating" to second-level staff when they reach the limit of their training?  No way.

I have had good experiences with online chat to Shaw, with exactly one notable exception. In that case, I copy-and-pasted the full chat session, and showed it to a manager at the local Shaw retail store. She agreed that the employee was being very inappropriate, and promised to investigate.  Of course, due to privacy issues, I have not been informed about the outcome of the investigation.

Perhaps, if you give us details about the technical problems that you are experiencing, you can get help from the participants on this forum.

P.S. I am not, and have never been, an employee of Shaw.  I have been a Shaw customer since "Internet 5" was their only offering.

TALK TO US
We're here to help