Jump to solution

I had a good week last week but starting the last Sunday...

gordon1111
Grasshopper

I had a good week last week but starting the last Sunday I started having issues again - mostly on US channels, I contacted Shaw support on Monday May 31, 2021 and the technical team said only option would be another service call, I did express my disappointment but I agreed to it. This morning the same technician that ran the new line from outside said he will replace my wireless TV player. Fingers crossed it will somewhat help but now everything has been replaced inside my apartment, blue curve modem replaced and finally the tv player replaced. I told him it could be on network side and he said that is a possibility but he still wanted to swap my tv player for a new one. As I said at the beginning of my post it’s mostly the USA networks I notice it on so maybe it’s solved now. Please if anyone was/is having issues please update us on here. 

thanks,

Gordon

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

What happened here to this audio issue and how was it res...

LORIEAU
Grasshopper

What happened here to this audio issue and how was it resolved?? Been having this problem for a year or so. Switched HDMI inputs but no fix; have no problems on Apple TV or PlayStation.. 

Finally got irritated enough to call Shaw.. they say my old modem (legacy) which they gave me with bluecurve wasn’t compatible so I had to buy the newer XB6 modem and they sent 2 new fancy wireless cable boxes… the issue persists! And after 3 days of telling different people my problem and troubleshooting the same things on repeat, they finally (and reluctantly) sent a technician out. I had previously asked for a service technician but was told “Shaw doesn’t just sent people out”. He clicked some buttons on the remote, it was fine for that afternoon and the problem return the next day. It occurs on live tv and recordings.
I’m annoyed because I’m paying for a service that is incomplete and there remains a problem and I keep on getting the run around. I feel like this is an easy thing to figure out for tech savvy “Shaw” people..

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- I had to buy the newer XB6 modem and they sent 2 new f...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@LORIEAU -- I had to buy the newer XB6 modem and they sent 2 new fancy wireless cable boxes

Did you really "buy" that modem, or are you renting it? Check your latest Shaw invoice -- there may be a rental fee, and there should be an offsetting credit, resulting in a "net" cost to you of $0.00/month for the box.

>  I feel like this is an easy thing to figure out for tech savvy “Shaw” people.

Contact Shaw, and ask them to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to view and interpret the various statistics that the BlueCurve collects, including "signal-strength". Any "out-of-spec" value can cause audio drop-outs and video pixelating.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Thank you for the insight. And yes you are correct I didn...

LORIEAU
Grasshopper

Thank you for the insight. And yes you are correct I didn’t “buy” the modem, but I have not been offered any offset price for the rental. Instead I was offered a discount on HBO for 4 months... which I declined 

Thanks for you time. 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I've been having the exact same problem (super frustratin...

wiljim
Grasshopper

I've been having the exact same problem (super frustrating) with my Blue Curve equipment. This string of posts is now 8 pages long of customers with this audio problem...1 year after the above original post, it is very clear Shaw doesn't have a solution to our problem. Blue Curve is only a part of the problem. The Shaw infrastructure is old, tired, and broken. 

I cannot (will not) recommend Shaw as a service provider. They are in a hurry to get out and sell their shabby network to the 1st sucker that steps up, namely (so we are told) Rogers.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

-- Shaw does not have a solution To repeat:  Contact Shaw...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@wiljim -- Shaw does not have a solution

To repeat: 

Contact Shaw, and ask them to remotely logon to your BlueCurve, to view and interpret the various statistics that the BlueCurve collects, including "signal-strength". Any "out-of-spec" value can cause audio drop-outs and video pixelating.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

If one does this, and they come back with saying that the...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

If one does this, and they come back with saying that there's nothing "out-of-spec" showing up in their data, what would that point to as being the culprit? It seems that this issue resurfaces about every 6-8 months (it is currently happening on my end right now, again, and it happened/went away about 3 weeks ago as well).  I refuse to believe that their equipment is so shoddy that it causes this to happen bi-annually.

Out of all of my equipment, the modem (the Fibre+ XB6) that I got when I signed up for their 300Mbps internet package around 5-6 years ago is maybe the one thing I would like to replace/upgrade.  I'm hoping that at I can call/chat with Shaw to get them to swap it out for the newer XB7.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

So what is the solution?

Rshakes11
Grasshopper

So what is the solution?

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Not sure this will apply to all but what Shaw doesn’t men...

stacy
Grasshopper

Not sure this will apply to all but what Shaw doesn’t mention and what I had a problem with IS….

if you have a soundbar and experience this issue…reboot soundbar…. Worked for me! Be nice if Shaw/rogers mentioned this to customers even if they don’t support third party sound. Can’t hurt to unplug and plug back in! 

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Yup, the tried and true fix.

rstra
Grand Master

@stacy  Yup, the tried and true fix.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help