Blue Curve Tv Box Randomly Shuts off , wont Turn back on ( No signal to tv)

mjweigl
Grasshopper

I have To unplug and plug back in our blue curve TV Box almost daily.  Turn tv on using the Tv Remote or the Blue Curve Remote and the Tv says it has no input signal.  The cable box will not turn on with the remote and  I am required to do a hard reset.  Once I plug it back in it goes through its whole set up  process which is extremely anoying,  But its the only way to get it to work.  appears to happen only on our brand new Samsung TV(2019 Q60).  This is the second box we have tried and it still does the same thing. Its the only input we have on the tv and once you cycle the power plug it turns on with out touching the hdmi cord or the input on the tv. I have checked the setting on the box and it is not in power saving mode and should never turn off.  Any body have any ideas or experience the same issues?

Labels (1)
13 Replies

> the TV says it has no input signal.  Your 4K 81-inch Sa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> the TV says it has no input signal. 

Your 4K 81-inch Samsung Q60 TV has 4 HDMI ports. 

If the HDMI cable from the cable-box is connected to other than the first HDMI port, your "smart" TV may take a while to "hunt" through all 4 of its inputs, to connect to the signal on that input. Meanwhile, you see "no input".  Maybe.

> The cable box will not turn on with the remote

Weak batteries in the remote? Bad "aim" when you point the remote at the cable box? Something physically blocking the infrared receiver on the cable box?

0 Kudos

Ya does not work. I’m in on HDMI 1 AND STILL HAVE THE SAM...

TheDarkSide
Grasshopper

Ya does not work. I’m in on HDMI 1 AND STILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. I ALSO HAVE 4 SAMSUNG Tv’s  and it only happens on one. Power saves is also on off

0 Kudos

Turn off the power saving on both TV and the box. Also, t...

rstra
Grand Master

Turn off the power saving on both TV and the box. Also, try turning off the Anynet+ (HDMI- CEC) on the TV. 

0 Kudos

Make sure the TV firmware is up to date.

rstra
Grand Master

Make sure the TV firmware is up to date.

0 Kudos

Are you still experiencing this issue? Others with a simi...

shaw-valerie

@mjweigl Are you still experiencing this issue? Others with a similar problem in this thread have reported the issue to be resolved by a recent update.

0 Kudos

I have the same issue..3 tv's in the house, only happens...

sd58
Grasshopper

I have the same issue..3 tv's in the house, only happens on one of them. After a restart it works perfect....turn it off and turn it back on, and within a minute or 2,the tv is turning itself on and off. Always works great first thing in the morning as tv has has the automatic restart done in the night.

0 Kudos

Well? Any info from Shaw on this problem? Pretty annoying...

FishinSam
Grasshopper

Well? Any info from Shaw on this problem? Pretty annoying to shut it down daily just to use a second TV box

0 Kudos

Our Samsung TV shut off 7 times in under 2 hours. Program...

Aztek7
Grasshopper

Our Samsung TV shut off 7 times in under 2 hours. Programs sometimes freeze and remote often doesn't work. One prompt came up said; "There seems to a connection issue", followed by error code # RDK-03117. Another error code (RDK-03087) said to check my gateway, modem, or router is powered on, and then try restarting the device. This is very annoying. I contacted shaw and they are sending a tech over next week. This new Blue Crurve equipment sucks compared to the old equipment. Might have to switch to Telus if this keeps up. To bad so sad.

0 Kudos

I get this same thing periodically with the same RDK-0311...

ziggurcat
Grasshopper

I get this same thing periodically with the same RDK-03117 error code.   As per usual, they seem to just blame your equipment, and not their own.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help