Blue sky TV

ugdlocal13
Grasshopper

I own an old gateway system which is not working properly anymore and I want to go to blue sky TV the new 4K wireless system. I was told I have to pay $200 for a call out to have a tech come in for me. If that's the case I'm gonna quit Shaw go to TELUS I don't feel I have to pay for a callout. I have been a shaw customer for over 50 years. Show some consideration.

2 Replies

Very good question. Particularly as it is clear that Shaw...

DXER
Grasshopper

Very good question. Particularly as it is clear that Shaw expands its HD selection ONLY with the new Blue Sky. Thus those of us with older boxes will have to live with most channels remaining SD. But $200 for a tech to upgrade is a huge disincentive. Especially as Telus salespeople come around the neighbourhood offering all HD+4K wireless at light speed, with big internet, a 4K TV & telephone at 2/3 what I pay for 35 gigs internet & an old 3400 box. I know Shaw makes similar offers, but only to new customers. Long-term customers? Meh. Absolutely distorts the market. To get good deals, the message is flip-flop, and flip-flop again in 2 years. Not good! At this rate, it will be pointless even having cable TV. Maybe that's what they want. (From a forever Shaw customer)

0 Kudos

With the BlueSky TV equipment, a 2 year Value Plan agreem...

shaw-valerie

@ugdlocal13 With the BlueSky TV equipment, a 2 year Value Plan agreement would be required, and as a result the $100 technician installation fee would be waived. I'm not sure what would have resulted in the figure you've quoted above, unless there was also a request to have additional cable outlets installed in the same appointment? 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help