BlueSky Remote "TV Input"

kenohrn
Grasshopper

My BlueSky remote controls most functions of my Samsung TV.

However, when I use "TV Input" to select another source, something is missing.  Selecting "TV Input" brings up the TV set's input selection menu, which covers about 30% of the screen.  Repeatedly pressing "TV Input" will scroll through and highlight inputs.

But once highlighted, there is no button on the remote that will select the highlighted input and close the menu. The only recourse is to wait roughly 60 seconds for the menu to time out and disappear. 

I have used the remote's programming feature and have tested around 20 5-digit codes for Samsung TV sets.  None provides this function.

The Samsung is an older LN46C610N1FXZC.

Here's hoping you can help, and so I'll be able to ditch one of my remotes. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
5 Replies

I have the same problem with my LG TV. On the TVs remote...

TWeath
Grasshopper

I have the same problem with my LG TV. On the TVs remote you just hit ok but the BlueSky okay button does nothing. Nor does the exit button. 

> The Samsung TV is an older LN46C610N1FXZC. If you use t...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

> The Samsung TV is an older LN46C610N1FXZC.

If you use the remote-control that came with your TV, does its "OK" button work to close that "input" menu?

>  I have used the remote's programming feature and have tested around 20 5-digit codes for Samsung TV sets. 

> None provides this function.

Until the Shaw-supplied remote-control is properly programmed to emulate the Infrared codes sent by the Samsung remote control, it is possible that the OK or EXIT buttons are not sending the correct message to your TV.

On the back of my non-BlueSky remote control are instructions on how to program the Shaw remote-control to synchronize it to your TV.

Did you ever figure this out? Just got bluecurve a couple...

Bandicoot
Grasshopper

Did you ever figure this out? Just got bluecurve a couple days ago and having the same problem 

0 Kudos

Have you tried going through the Samsung code list... Sou...

rickatk
Master

@kenohrn wrote:

My BlueSky remote controls most functions of my Samsung TV.

However, when I use "TV Input" to select another source, something is missing.  Selecting "TV Input" brings up the TV set's input selection menu, which covers about 30% of the screen.  Repeatedly pressing "TV Input" will scroll through and highlight inputs.

But once highlighted, there is no button on the remote that will select the highlighted input and close the menu. The only recourse is to wait roughly 60 seconds for the menu to time out and disappear. 

I have used the remote's programming feature and have tested around 20 5-digit codes for Samsung TV sets.  None provides this function.

The Samsung is an older LN46C610N1FXZC.

Here's hoping you can help, and so I'll be able to ditch one of my remotes. 

Have you tried going through the Samsung code list... Sounds like your Shaw remote has paired fully.

0 Kudos

My Samsung TV does a similar thing.  If I press the "TV i...

withheld
Grasshopper

My Samsung TV does a similar thing.  If I press the "TV input" repeatedly, it does change to the next input for each press - but the selection menu stays on screen.  I have found that pressing volume up/down will make the menu go away.  Not 100% satisfactory, but it is a workaround that does the job.

TALK TO US
We're here to help