Bundling of streaming services

KalimaPunia
Grasshopper

Hi,

i would be interested to know if/when would Shaw consider offering the bundling of streaming services similar to what Telus is offering?

thanks

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Probaly never, Shaw has one TV plan for new customers, th...

rstra
Grand Master

@KalimaPunia Probaly never, Shaw has one TV plan for new customers, they are not about choices. Hopefully when Rogers takes over, there will be more variety when it comes to TV, but they also don’t bundle streaming services. I personally wouldn’t want streaming services in my TV plan because I start and stop those services a lot, depending on current content and times of low TV usage. 

0 Kudos

If Shaw opened up that little streamer box of theirs and...

rickatk
Master

@rstra wrote:

@KalimaPunia Probaly never, Shaw has one TV plan for new customers, they are not about choices. Hopefully when Rogers takes over, there will be more variety when it comes to TV, but they also don’t bundle streaming services. I personally wouldn’t want streaming services in my TV plan because I start and stop those services a lot, depending on current content and times of low TV usage. 

If Shaw opened up that little streamer box of theirs and offered a suite of 4K apps that would be an awesome solution. In the meantime I am liking the Amazon Fire Stick Max product. I am even thinking about buying a couple more for around the house to take advantage of WiFi 6 being delivered by my XB7 modem router. I have one Apple TV 4K on an older Samsung TV and a Samsung TV with smart apps. That TV doesn’t have a fast WiFi card though. 

Apple is missing the boat. A Fire TV Stick Max is $59.00cdn. The remote is much better than the Apple TV remote too. The Fire Stick also offers Apple TV!! 

0 Kudos

AppleTV lost it for me in price and the amount of availab...

rstra
Grand Master

@rickatk AppleTV lost it for me in price and the amount of available apps. Now if Shaw could just secure the rights to get all channels on the app. 

I agree. Shaw if you are reading these posts, be cool and...

rickatk
Master

@rstra wrote:

@rickatk AppleTV lost it for me in price and the amount of available apps. Now if Shaw could just secure the rights to get all channels on the app. 

I agree. Shaw if you are reading these posts, be cool and add more apps to your streaming boxes. They are the best for live tv so how about adding more apps like Apple TV, Disney, Gem. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help