Cable Routing Question

bcfrombc
Grasshopper

Hi there.  We are looking to equip a room on our top floor with a TV.  Unfortunately we do not have a TV cable outlet in that room, only Cat 5e and telephone.  Furthermore there is no cable outlet in the room below that one; the nearest outlet on that exterior wall is in the basement and not directly below the room in question.  Making it even worse, the cable service goes to the west side of the house and this room is on the east side!  Is there any way of routing a coax cable to this room?

I assume that once I have a coaxial cable outlet in this room, all I need to purchase is another hd box.  Only two active TVs in the house at this time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Cable Routing Question

Not applicable

I think Shaw usually charges $24.95 for an outlet install.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey bcfrombc,

Thank you for reaching out! I would not recommend routing a coax cable from the basement as a good signal is not guaranteed after 10-15 feet. I will recommend having a new coax outlet installed. We are able to schedule a technician for a professional installation of a new coax cable outlet on that floor (exterior walls) for $49.95 per outlet. An additional HD box is required for a TV to work on that floor. To schedule a technician + HD box install, feel free to reach out to our customer support here. Let me know if you have more questions. 

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

bcfrombc
Grasshopper

Thank you for this quick response!  That's great news Tony.  We're repurposing/repainting this room quite soon and when we know where we want the outlet located we will call customer support.

Thanks again

TALK TO US
We're here to help