im unable to get it on my phone as well. oddly im still l...

ryan63
Grasshopper

im unable to get it on my phone as well. oddly im still logged into the channels i subscribe to in my package eg fx canada. so there is a work around to view some content, just not what a digital box format bluecurve would provide, which is ironic.

0 Kudos

I have been given an update as follows, "Thank you for yo...

fllmntljckt
Grasshopper

I have been given an update as follows,

"Thank you for your patient
I'm sorry the inconvenience, I see that the reason why your experiencing this issue is because we are having ongoing issue with the blue curve at this time."

He went on to tell me that there's no ETA for resolution. I'm not even sure at this point that the problem has been escalated to senior technical support, and that the sales people at Shaw are aware of this outage. This does not bode well for my continued use of their services. 

0 Kudos

I can still get Blue Curve TV through the android app. Se...

fllmntljckt
Grasshopper

I can still get Blue Curve TV through the android app. Seems OK. It was a lot easier watching TV on a larger laptop, than a 5.5" phone screen. It's possible, but not exactly ideal, as a backup when bad storms block the satellite signal. I'm also investigating other options for TV, like Bell XpressVu, and some cable and streaming services, too.

0 Kudos

I access BlueCurveTV via the internet by going to the fol...

Zeph
Grasshopper

I access BlueCurveTV via the internet by going to the following site...

http://bluecurvetv.shaw.ca

Hopefully this may help you and others.

0 Kudos

Thanks. Tried it, no go, same error messages. What kind o...

fllmntljckt
Grasshopper

Thanks. Tried it, no go, same error messages. What kind of laptop (W10? or Apple?), and which browser do you use? I can get it on my android phone, just not on Windows 10 laptop any more.

0 Kudos

Wow, that's interesting and it surprises me very much. I'...

Zeph
Grasshopper

Wow, that's interesting and it surprises me very much. I'm using a desktop computer with Windows 10, and I just tried using all of my browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge) which are all updated to their latest version, and they all work fine with it. I would suggest try downloading all and every update for Windows 10, even those that include the latest versions of Adobe Flash player (even if it's no longer supported) and I'll even include Oracle Java applet just for the heck of it. I'm going to guess that it just might be something that needs to be enabled on or within your laptop in Windows 10 and/or settings in order for it to work.

0 Kudos

I am unable to access Blue Curve TV via one PC but have b...

hgm
Grasshopper

I am unable to access Blue Curve TV via one PC but have been successful on 2 android phones. So, it doesn't seem to be anything wrong with our account; must be device dependent.

0 Kudos

I'm on 3 Windows 10 laptops (2 Acer Swifts, and an HP Pav...

fllmntljckt
Grasshopper

I'm on 3 Windows 10 laptops, 2 Acer Swifts, and an HP Pavilion with all available updates applied, plenty of storage on SSD, and with 10th Gen Intel CPUs. All my browsers fail to get to Blue Curve online with the same error, including Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and they are all as current as their individual software updaters can make them. 

As far as I know, Java is considered a security exposure by Microsoft and others and programming people are generally moving away from it, and Flash is no longer supported either, so if it's either of them, and Blue Curve needs them, the problem is with Shaw's products having requirements for obsolete or potentially dangerous software/programs. That said, I still have the latest/last available versions of Flash Player installed. I installed Java on spec, to see if it made any difference, and it did not, still unable to get to Blue Curve streaming on the internet. I can get to it via my smartphone and their Shaw Direct/Blue Curve android app, so my account seems to have access, just not on the web.

30+ years in I/T technical support tells me anything is possible when it comes to I/T.

The Blue Curve access error happened for me over a week ago, and I'm not the only person having the problem. I can still do everything else I ever did online without any problems, except get to Blue Curve streaming access via the web. I believe it's up to Shaw to prove that it isn't their problem, as the evidence points the problem to them. 

0 Kudos

The common thread is that we were all fine until a wek or...

fllmntljckt
Grasshopper

The common thread is that we were all fine until a week or so ago, and then something changed, and we lost access. I haven't done anything except MSN or other browser updates (in the background), and I can still access everything else on the internet that I regularly access. The only problem is Shaw Blue Curve web access. I believe this places the onus on them to figure it out. I'm on 3 different laptops (2 Acer, 1 HP) and have tried Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera, all fail with the same vague errort message. I wonder if Shaw added some sort of "enhanced" security barrier that is seeing some of our laptops/desktops as threats, and blocking our access from them, because most of us can still get BC with our phones. 

0 Kudos

This problem has persisted for me for over 48 hours. Does...

Hopper2
Grasshopper

This problem has persisted for me for over 48 hours. Doesn't matter which browser I use or how many times I reset my computer. Can't login to BlueCurveTV via the internet anymore. Wish Shaw would realize this and get it fixed!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help