Can't connect shaw cable/gateway to samsung q60 smart tv

jcostello1975
Grasshopper

I can't seem to see my shaw programming and then all my pvr recordings with my new smart q60 smart tv. 

I am managing to figure out most of the other stuff like how to connect to roku or various apps via smart hub, etc. 

But I don't even know if I should be managing my shaw using the gateway remote or the new Samsung remote. If the former, then my first issue is that I can't seem to find the right code to connect my gateway remote to the new tv. 

I don't know if the techs are really supposed to help with an issue like this but having a really tough time. Been fortunate enough t9 have some great community members help before too and hoping someone will help me on right track! 

Labels (1)
5 Replies

Can't seem to delete that post. I think a lot of my issue...

jcostello1975
Grasshopper

Can't seem to delete that post. I think a lot of my issues were just that my channels weren't coming up due to faulty hdmi cable. ugh!

But should i connect my gateway remote to the samsung q60 tv to manage and watch recordings more easily? In any case, can someone provide the right code as I can't seem to find that even in the link Shaw gives on the topic of connecting remotes to TVs?

0 Kudos

Glad to hear that you got the channel issues sorted out!...

shaw-valerie

@jcostello1975 Glad to hear that you got the channel issues sorted out! Programing the Shaw remote to control your TV as well doesn't make any difference when it comes to managing or viewing your recordings, it just means that you're able to use the Shaw remote to change the volume on your TV, if you have the audio running through your TV speakers, or turn your TV on/off. 

You can find remote codes for your Gateway remote on this page or use the code browse method to program the remote as shown here

0 Kudos

how to use shaw remote with a samsung qled 65in tv

mrcanuck692
Grasshopper

how to use shaw remote with a samsung qled 65in tv

0 Kudos

-- see Shaw's web-site for how to program your Shaw remot...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@mrcanuck692 -- see Shaw's web-site for how to program your Shaw remote control.

0 Kudos

I have a similar setup..I suggest you clear off the Shaw...

rickatk
Master

@jcostello1975 wrote:

Can't seem to delete that post. I think a lot of my issues were just that my channels weren't coming up due to faulty hdmi cable. ugh!

But should i connect my gateway remote to the samsung q60 tv to manage and watch recordings more easily? In any case, can someone provide the right code as I can't seem to find that even in the link Shaw gives on the topic of connecting remotes to TVs?

I have a similar setup..I suggest you clear off the Shaw settings from the TV then start again. Using the TV remove pair the box to the TV. Once complete use the Shaw remote to complete the settings. I find using the Shaw remote is better than TV remote for day to day use. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help