Classical Guide aspect ratio

Maha-Saed
Grasshopper

This is for all the employees at Shaw. For the settings of the Classical Guide on the Motorola box, can you modify the choice of settings and allow HD to be 4:3 as well just in case there are 4:3 programs stretched to 16:9 and no one can't find the main remote? Thank you.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Hi  , I totally agree with you, if I was to lose my origi...

g-idk
Master

Hi @Maha-Saed , I totally agree with you, if I was to lose my original remote for my old motorola pvr box there is no way to change aspect ratio in the classic guide menu only with the original remote.  This issue was brought up years ago and was never fixed or added as a feature, and because the classic guide is so old now and probably ready for retirement I doubt that anything would change at this late date.  If anyone out there knows of another way please chime in.  Have a great day and Stay Safe.

0 Kudos

Hey Maha-Saed and g-idk,   For the older Rovi guide box,...

shaw-don

Hey Maha-Saed and g-idk,

For the older Rovi guide box, you can still go into the diagnostics menu of the box to change the aspect ratio. You can find directions on how to access that here https://bit.ly/39YalY9

0 Kudos

Hi  , thanks for the tip, will try it out sometime over t...

g-idk
Master

Hi @shaw-don , thanks for the tip, will try it out sometime over the weekend.  Stay Safe. 

0 Kudos

I was meaning you could add a "16:9 Override" setting to...

Maha-Saed
Grasshopper

I was meaning you could add a "16:9 Override" setting to the Motorola box in the Classical Guide settings that are generated by powering off the cable box and pressing "MENU" (for the Motorola box). There should be a "Stretch" setting in this one (the program should still be in HD), just in case there's a 4:3 program on an HD channel stretched and no one can find the remote for their main TV. Do you understand?

0 Kudos

Correct, what you are looking for is noted in section #7...

shaw-don

Correct, what you are looking for is noted in section #7

"Select Auto Pillarbox, then choose either Yes or No. Selecting Yes will add black bars on either side of 4:3 ratio content while your TV is set for 16:9. Selecting No will stretch lower aspect ration content to fill your television screen."

0 Kudos

Hi  , we both have motorola boxes not the pace boxes that...

g-idk
Master

Hi @shaw-don , we both have motorola boxes not the pace boxes that those instructions are pointing to.  For myself what I meant was on the original shaw remote that I got with the unit , there is a button on the lower right side that says aspect ratio, so when watching a program you can change the ratio on the fly from zoom, stretch, etc. while your watching that channel.  It's perfect when your watching an sd channel that you want to stretch.  There does not seem to be a way on the classic guide menu that you can go to while still watching and perform this function, so if I ever lose use of that remote, I'm hosed.  All the other Shaw remotes don't have that button anymore.  If I'm still wrong and missing something please let me know.  It's not the end of the world but it is a nice feature.  Thanks in advance.  Stay Safe. 

0 Kudos

Oh for sure, I understand with the old remote it does hav...

shaw-don

Oh for sure, I understand with the old remote it does have that feature that newer replacements do not have. As for the menu listed, both the Motorola boxes as well as the Pace have the same menu and guide systems so you should still be able to access that using the same directions listed. 

0 Kudos

, ok thanks for the clarification.  Have a great day.  St...

g-idk
Master

@shaw-don , ok thanks for the clarification.  Have a great day.  Stay Safe. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help