constantly having to reboot PVR

bchong
Grasshopper

Is there a reason why I have to constantly reboot my PVR?

I turn on the TV and get a blank screen until I reboot the PVR. Use to happen once or twice a month now maybe 2 or three times a week. Very annoying as scheduled shows do not get recorded. Does not happen as I'm watching TV, only after the TV is off overnight or while at work. Thanks

Labels (1)
7 Replies

which TV box are you noticing this issue on? What trouble...

shaw-tony

@bchong which TV box are you noticing this issue on? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

0 Kudos

Hi, I am using the Arris AX013ANM box, i have swapped out...

bchong
Grasshopper

Hi, I am using the Arris AX013ANM box, i have swapped out the cable, the only way I can get my box to work is to unplug it and plug it back in, it happened again around 10:15pm on Thursday as my PVR stopped recording

0 Kudos

hmm, the signal to your Gateway looks solid from what I s...

shaw-tony

@bchong hmm, the signal to your Gateway looks solid from what I see here. Since recordings don't get recorded when you see a blank screen, it may be an equipment issue. Generally, a swap is recommended to resolve this matter as I don't see any other causes.

I live for 2 years with that automatic reboot PVR every 4...

PL7
Grasshopper

I live for 2 years with that automatic reboot PVR every 4 to 6 recorded shows, mostly right after deleting one of them.

As I watched the tv 12 hours a day, the reboots are about 3-4 times a day.

0 Kudos

-- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where v...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@PL7 -- welcome to this peer-to-peer discussion forum, where volunteers try to help.

Earlier in this thread was this post from a Shaw Agent:

2020-02-25 08:31 AM

... it may be an equipment issue. Generally, a swap is recommended to resolve this matter

So, please contact Shaw Support (1-888-472-2222) and ask the Shaw Agent to remotely logon to your cable-modem, to review its internal statistics, to see if a swap is the correct remediation.

0 Kudos

How did you fix this issue? I have had 3 receivers sent o...

Canada121
Grasshopper

How did you fix this issue? I have had 3 receivers sent out to me snd they all do this! I never had this issue when I had the “old model” of the PVR that was like 10 years old but when it died they sent me out the new HDPVR 830 and it has been a. Instant issue with all 3 boxes that they have sent me out this past year…..

0 Kudos

3 seconds ago How did you fix this issue? I have had...

Canada121
Grasshopper
3 seconds ago

How did you fix this issue? I have had 3 receivers sent out to me snd they all do this! I never had this issue when I had the “old model” of the PVR that was like 10 years old but when it died they sent me out the new HDPVR 830 and it has been a. Instant issue with all 3 boxes that they have sent me out this past year…..

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help