CraveTV

chewyn
Grasshopper

With Game of Thrones around the corner I was wondering if we sign up for CraveTV's Movies+HBO option do we get all the live Channels Crave offers? On their site they have Crave1,2,3 and 4, HBO Canada and HBO Canada 2, Starz1 and Starz2. Looking at my BlueSky guide it shows there's only 3 live Crave Channels 473,474,475. 

I was looking for the best way to watch Game of Thrones live without any delays...preferably through my TV. Also will those of us on the West Coast have access to the Eastern HBO feed? I'm pretty sure that's what the HBO Canada 2 channel is...but in the past we weren't able to get the Eastern channel when we subscribed through Shaw. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: CraveTV

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Here in Vancouver we get Crave 1, Crave 2, Crave 3 and HBO 1 plus all of their VOD content through SHAW for $ 20/month. You can add Starz 1 and Starz 2 and their VOD content for an extra $ 10/month but it would be cheaper to add the " Films " theme pack for only $ 8/month which not only includes Starz 1 and Starz 2 but it also give you a few extra channels ( Action, IFC, Movie Time,Rewind, Silver Screen and TCM ) for less money.

chewyn
Grasshopper

Got it. So if I wanted to watch Game of Thrones live, I'd have to log in and watch it through Crave's site instead of my Shaw box since I'm on the Westcoast? Do you know if the VOD will have the newest GoT episode available as soon as it airs?

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

chewyn wrote:

So if I wanted to watch Game of Thrones live, I'd have to log in and watch it through Crave's site instead of my Shaw box since I'm on the Westcoast?

No - you can definitely watch it on HBO Canada ( channel 279 here in Vancouver ). A lot of shows air on HBO Canada the same night that they air on HBO in the States. GoT starts on April 14th so check the HBO Canada listings for that night.

chewyn wrote:

Do you know if the VOD will have the newest GoT episode available as soon as it airs?

Not really sure but most shows end up in the VOD section about 48 hours after they first air on TV.

Not applicable

chewyn wrote:

Got it. So if I wanted to watch Game of Thrones live, I'd have to log in and watch it through Crave's site instead of my Shaw box since I'm on the Westcoast? Do you know if the VOD will have the newest GoT episode available as soon as it airs?

If you want to watch the eastern feed you need to watch it on the Crave site, or switch providers like I did.

TALK TO US
We're here to help