DCT700 not activating

RJD
Grasshopper

Labels (1)
5 Replies

That's not a lot of information to go on. Is this the fir...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

That's not a lot of information to go on.

Is this the first time that you have connected with Shaw TV?

Have you previously had a different device?

Did you get the device directly from Shaw, or from a friend, or from a "for sale" listing on www.used.ca ?

Do you live in a house, with coaxial cable from the street into your house, or do you live in a condo/apartment complex?

Do you also have Shaw Phone service?  Is that working, while connected to a different wall-port?

Connect the device's coaxial cable directly to a wall-port, not to any "TV-splitter".  If it works, then replace that splitter. If it does not work, contact Shaw Support for more-extensive trouble-shooting.

0 Kudos

Yesterday all my TV boxes displayed the channel but said...

nalbertson
Grasshopper

Yesterday all my TV boxes displayed the channel but said not otherized. I phoned Shaw but before I got to talk to someone all but 2 of my boxes were reactivated. The reason they were not reactivate is because the power was shut off to them. SN are M91012FXGJ36 & M91132FX6881

0 Kudos

If it was because of the issue yesterday in Alberta, you...

rstra
Grand Master

If it was because of the issue yesterday in Alberta, you can go to my.shaw.ca and refresh them yourself, instructions are here:

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/service-updates-outages/feb-5-alberta-moose-jaw-and-swift-current-area-bl...

0 Kudos

This model number is most likely discontinued an no longe...

michaelstein
Grasshopper

This model number is most likely discontinued and no longer supported by Shaw

0 Kudos

-- a Shaw web-page lists the retired/discontinued TV set-...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@michaelstein -- a Shaw web-page lists the retired/discontinued TV set-top boxes, but the DCT700 is not listed.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help