Disney+

cleamon
Grasshopper

Get on it Shaw!!!!  This shouldve already been sorted out.

Huge vote for you to get Disney plus. I've just signed up...

Yvien
Grasshopper

Huge vote for you to get Disney plus. I've just signed up and it turns out I can't load it on my ps3.   I'd love to have Amazon too but I'll just be super happy to have Disney plus able.  If it is true the telus has it already I'd be very disappointed cause I won't go back to telus cause you guys usually rock.  It just be nice to have one platform for it all.

ok Shaw...any update now that Disney+ has officially laun...

Jennibeans
Grasshopper

ok Shaw...any update now that Disney+ has officially launched?

any update on Disney+ and Amazon Prime as my initial inqu...

webguy
Grasshopper

@shaw-valerie any update on Disney+ and Amazon Prime as my initial inquiry from August of this year? Disney+ launched on Tuesday and TELUS already has it available to their customers via their IPTV solution. Amazon Prime has been around a while. So what’s going on and when can we expect a Bluesky App for Disney+ and Amazon Prime?

All the major players Samsung, Apple, etc. had an app on day one, even TELUS so what gives. Are we going to be waiting months or years for something from Shaw? We all remember the Gateway solution and the promises Shaw made with that solution and then utterly dropped the ball. 

Oh and by the way the Amazon Prime app has been available on the Comcast X1 platform for months now so you have absolutely no excuse for Prime given that Shaw Bluesky is the Comcast X1 platform. 

Absolutely this will be a major feature has Shaw even res...

Mkarleen
Grasshopper

Absolutely this will be a major feature has Shaw even responded?

Features that will make Shaw BlueCurve TV really great: 4...

rickatk
Master

@shaw-valerie wrote:

@webguy Apologies, we do not have any current details to share on potential new app offerings for BlueSky TV, but thanks for letting us know you would be interested in these ones! 

Features that will make Shaw BlueCurve TV really great:

Amazon Prime

Apple TV +

CBC Gem

Disney

In short... get those BlueCurve boxes opened up and working for the consumers. 

Disney+ is not available through Telus Optik, still just...

rstra
Grand Master

Disney+ is not available through Telus Optik, still just Netflix and YouTube on that platform.

0 Kudos

I haven't heard of any news on if/when Disney+ or Amazon...

shaw-tony

@webguy @Mkarleen @rickatk I haven't heard of any news on if/when Disney+ or Amazon Prime will be available. If/when we have more details, we will post it on Shaw.ca and Shaw Support. I appreciate your interest in them and will pass along your feedback.

Dear moderators, As I look back on this thread I see that...

Ryan013
Grasshopper

Dear moderators,
As I look back on this thread I see that  on August 26 you were aware customers were interested in Disney+ and my question is what has Shaw done in the last 3 months to satisfy their customers on this topic? It seems like nothing given this latest response of finally passing on feedback. It is very discouraging that Shaw did not have the foresight to anticipate clients would be interested in a streaming service from one of the largest entertainment companies on the planet. 

I have to echo the comment from others. Come on Shaw.....become the “solution” you were supposed to be. 

Considering Shaw's SkyBlue is powered by Comcast's X1 (Xf...

jtoporowski
Grasshopper

Considering Shaw's SkyBlue is powered by Comcast's X1 (Xfinity) Platform... Comcast would have to implement this and offer it to Shaw I do believe. 

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/bluecurve-tv-frequently-asked-questions/ta-p/5904

Many other companies also use Comcast's X1 Platform for their TV services. Disney recently purchased Hulu from Comcast as well as launched Disney+. They will have to work with them to connect to the service and supply it to their customer base (which is huge). Once that is done, we may get the service up in Canada. 

My understanding is Shaw and others are simply using the X1 Platform and will be offered the changes, updates and apps as they become available. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help