Some of the comments here a little confusing.  I am won...

rstra
Grand Master

Some of the comments here a little confusing. 

I am wondering, everyone is aware that Disney+ is available through the app, Roku, AppleTV, FireTV and etc? You don’t need to wait for Shaw to provide the service through BlueCurve. 

Some of the replies appear to suggest that there are some that are waiting for Shaw, if I am wrong, then never mind. 

0 Kudos

why not have all 3?

larryse
Grasshopper

why not have all 3?

0 Kudos

People are looking for all their content in one place. Bl...

rickatk
Master

People are looking for all their content in one place. Blue Curve is as good as any a platform to host these different streaming platforms.

Alternatively there is of course Apple TV, Roku and Smart TV options. I for one would be quite happy to see everything come through Blue Curve but Shaw has a lot of work to do to compete with the other platforms. My Smart TV supports Disney+ Apple TV +  Netflix, Amazon, You Tube and a host of others, many in 4K. The Same for Apple TV. Of course none seem to offer a good live TV option.

If Shaw offered Free Range on Apple TV or as a Smart TV app I dare say the cable landscape would be quite different.

Likewise if Shaw offered more of the streaming apps on its platform that would be pretty cool too!

We are paying for a premium service so why have 17 differ...

Mkarleen
Grasshopper

We are paying for a premium service so why have 17 different devices when this service can handle them all. If they can’t Shaw needs to let us know so we can make informed decisions.

Thanks Shaw - Tony: Fair to say we are in times when the...

rickatk
Master

Thanks Shaw - Tony:

Fair to say we are in times when the TV/ Streaming market is in a state of flux. There are competing technologies and serivce models. From a consumer’s perspective paying hundreds of dollars per month, we just can’t seem to find that total solution because of competition:

Apple TV offers a pretty broad range of solutions and 4K and Atmos content as well as aggregation and voice navigation using late model hardware.

Telus offers Apple TV solutions, live TV and PVR 4K and alike.

The TV manufactures are offering a full slate of streaming solutions, home bar aggregation but misses some offerings like CBC Gem and have been described as slow to update.

Shaw offers Netflix, YouTube, live TV, VOD and PVR and good aggregation using the voice controls. However is very limited with the streaming and 4K options.

I am a loyal Shaw customer and would certainly like to see either an expanded slate of streaming apps in 4K offered on Shaw hardware  orrrr  Shaw Free Range offered as a subscription app on other platforms like Apple TV and TV apps like Tizen(Samsung) or WebOS (LG).

I just noticed this morning that Amazon Prime has been ad...

Meags6
Grasshopper

I just noticed this morning that Amazon Prime has been added. When will Disney + be added? This is a huge failure on Shaw’s Part and will definitely be a huge contributor to us continuing with Shaw. Please added it ASAP! 

The Prime Video app for BlueCurve TV was launched today....

shaw-valerie

@webguy @Yvien @rickatk 

The Prime Video app for BlueCurve TV was launched today. More details can be found on this page. Note that a subscription through Amazon is required in order to access this content. 

While we can appreciate and share in your enthusiasm for...

shaw-valerie

@Meags6 @Mkarleen @cleamon @Yvien @Jennibeans @webguy @Ryan013 

While we can appreciate and share in your enthusiasm for a Disney + app, we don't have any additional information to share on that at this time. Currently this service is available only directly through Disney directly, not through TV providers, and their apps provide support on a number of smart TVs and streaming devices, but not for any cable/satellite platforms. You can view a full list of currently supported devices for their service in the Help section on their site. 

0 Kudos

Great News! I have signed in using my Prime Video account...

rickatk
Master

Great News! I have signed in using my Prime Video account credentials. Initially I experienced a little trouble getting Jack Ryan to work. A message error kept showing. After rebooting my terminal I was successful getting the program to work. 

0 Kudos

That's not good that Curve doesn't have this app

Miashanebabisky
Grasshopper

That's not good that Curve doesn't have this app

TALK TO US
We're here to help