Does Bluesky allow picture-in-picture (pip)

likoni
Grasshopper

I have PIP capability on my TV. 

How do I see 2 channels simultaneously with Bluesky ?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
7 Replies

Re: Does Bluesky allow picture-in-picture (pip)

shaw-tamara

Hi  

This feature isn't currently available with BlueSky TV but we can forward the feedback for you!

FWD for me too please! I would really like this feature...

Riley_
Grasshopper

FWD for me too please! I would really like this feature...

&   --  You can do it: The BlueCurve TV players communic...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@likoni & @Riley_  --  You can do it:

1. The BlueCurve TV players communicate with the BlueCurve PVR over WiFi, so that each TV can simultaneously show different TV programs (live or recorded);
  2. Connect the BlueCurve PVR to HDMI #1 on your PIP-capable TV;
  3. Put the TV player near your TV, and configure it to communicate via WiFi with the BlueCurve PVR;
  4. Connect the TV player to HDMI #2 on your PIP-capable TV;
  5. Use your TV's remote to activate PIP, and choose your desired mode (side-by-side, or small picture inside large picture).

The most-difficult part will be selectively "aiming" your Shaw remote-control at either the BlueCurve PVR or the TV player, to get one unit, but not both, to change channels.  If you have one extremely-long HDMI cable, consider putting the TV player as far away as possible from the BlueCurve PVR, in a different corner of the room, to able to "aim" your Shaw remote at the TV player.

The second-most difficult part is to NOT get both channels of sound coming out of your TV at the same time.  🙂

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Shaw might as well get rid of their tv package its garbag...

Williams32
Grasshopper

Shaw might as well get rid of their tv package its garbage no channels, you ahve to subscribe to lots for 6.00 a channel and its all sports and news its user unfriendly with the new boxes compared to telus and they got rid of the PIP which eas great and now its annoying without it. If telus ever moves to my area I'm switching 

-- Shaw might as well get rid of their tv package its gar...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Williams32 -- Shaw might as well get rid of their tv package its garbage no channels, you ahve to subscribe to lots for 6.00 a channel and its all sports and news

Shaw has two options: "skinny-TV" (similar channels to what you got when you still had an antenna on the roof of your house), plus add-on bundles, such as "news" or "sports" or "entertainment", versus their "Total TV" offering of over 100 channels.  

its user unfriendly with the new boxes compared to telus

The Telus on-screen menus are no better than Shaw's menus.

> they got rid of the PIP which eas great and now its annoying without it.

Please read the message chronologically just before yours.  PIP can be done, with a PIP-capable TV.

0 Kudos

Yes it should have this feature.. it is 2022!!

Jferris
Grasshopper

Yes it should have this feature.. it is 2022!!

0 Kudos

-- see: BlueCurve TV: Hardware overview (shaw.ca) You can...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@Jferris -- see: BlueCurve TV: Hardware overview (shaw.ca)

You can connect up to 3 BlueCurve devices in your home.

So, feed the output from 2 of the boxes into your PIP-capable TV.

Since the BlueCurve remote-control is "omni-directional", and broadcasts "up to 50 feet", you may have a problem "pointing" your remote-control to just 1 box.  Also, NOT getting two audio-feeds coming out of your TV might be another problem.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help