Does URC MX-890 remote work with BlueCurve?

canucks1994
Grasshopper

I have a URC MX-890i remote that currently controls 3 televisions on one wall with a Motorola DCX3400 hooked up to each television. I have no issue with this set up however I am moving now and wanted to know if I was able to switch my services to blue curve and use the remote to control the AARIS Wireless 4K (Xi6) box?

Reason for the switch is this house was wired to do the 3 television set up with 3 coax signals coming in, next house is not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

You would have to contact your dealer or the manufacturer...

rstra
Grand Master

You would have to contact your dealer or the manufacturer directly. I searched the Xfinity site and didn’t come across any reference to this remote.

0 Kudos

--  3 televisions on one wall with a Motorola DCX3400 hoo...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@canucks1994 --  3 televisions on one wall with a Motorola DCX3400 hooked up to each television ... this house was wired to do the 3 television set up with 3 coax signals coming in, next house is not.

Keep the current remote-control and the PVRs, and use a 1-to-3 coaxial-splitter to feed the 3 devices.

3-way-coaxial-splitter.jpg

Probably available at RONA, BestBuy, Home Depot, and other stores.

0 Kudos

I tried that prior and the picture quality isn't the best...

canucks1994
Grasshopper

I tried that prior and the picture quality isn't the best and some of the HD channels don't even work as it gets pixelated. 

0 Kudos

-- that is weird. Does Shaw have 3 coaxial cables from th...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@canucks1994 -- that is weird.

Does Shaw have 3 coaxial cables from the nearest telephone-pole into your home, or just one?

If it was just one, then there must be a 1-to-3 coaxial-splitter inside Shaw's "demarcation box", with 3 coaxial-lines going to your 3 devices.  If you currently also have Shaw Phone and/or Shaw Internet services, that 1-to-3 splitter might instead be a 1-to-4 or 1-to-5 splitter.  How many coaxial cables go "out" from the Shaw box? 3? 4? 5? Do you have any other 1-to-2 splitters in any of your rooms?

If your new location has just 1 coaxial-cable going out from that demarcation box into your "home-theatre" room, and you put a 1-to-3 splitter, of the same quality/performance as the splitter inside the current Shaw box, in your "home-theatre" room, there is no difference -- the signal gets split. Will you also have Shaw Internet and Shaw Phone at your new location.

Relative to the signal-strength required by the cable-modem and the 3 TV boxes, the Shaw Phone Adapter is a "low-demand" device.

Having one splitter between the telephone-pole and your 3 TV boxes does not diminish the signal-strength enough to cause your symptoms. Having one splitter inside Shaw's box, and another splitter (Phone, Internet, TV) will slightly reduce the signal-strength -- maybe enough to manifest your symptoms.

I think that having a 1-to-3 splitter in your next "home-theatre" room will be perfectly fine.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help