Does your fast forward skip?

rsbraun
Grasshopper

When fast forwarding a show near the end of the recording, a lot of shows will skip forward to the last minute. It often happens when there is 15-20 minutes left in an hour show and it jumps to the last minute of the recording.

0 Kudos
27 Replies

Re: Does your fast forward skip?

shaw-tony

Hey rsbraun,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the delay in response. The forums aren't monitored as closely as our other support channels. I haven't heard of any reports of this issue. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Is the issue still continuing with all recording playback?

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

Happens to me too - a lot. I thought it was my Gateway acting up but I just got a replacement Gateway a few days ago and it's still happening. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I think it is related to the bug the simu-sub equipment has that the Gateway has issues with fast-forwarding at the beginning of some recorded shows, except this happens at the end of the recording, because the feed-switch happens at the end of the recording..

Just a guess though

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

kevinds wrote:

I think it is related to the bug the simu-sub equipment has that the Gateway has issues with fast-forwarding at the beginning of some recorded shows, except this happens at the end of the recording, because the feed-switch happens at the end of the recording..

Just a guess though

It does happen now and then on " sim-sub " shows but today it happened on 2 separate shows that were only  airing on the Love Nature channel and WSBK at the time. I forgot to mention before that there are times that the show will go right to the end of the recording and then go right back to where it originally left off. Like I said before - I used to think it was my old Gateway acting up but it still does it on my new Gateway too. 

0 Kudos

Not applicable

We, too, are plagued by this ‘skips to the end’ problem with our Gateway system. In fact, our sense is that it’s becoming more frequent ... and more annoying.

Can someone from Shaw provide some insights, please?

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Hi  

I'm not seeing any recent reports of this issue but we can take a closer look. Are you noticing this on specific channels or does it appear to be happening on all shows?

0 Kudos

rsbraun
Grasshopper

I have not detected a pattern - just that the fast-forwarding is glitchy. There have also been several instances recently where a recording pixelates and jumps forward a second or two - without user involvement. It feels like an issue with the hard drive - bad sectors or something like that.

Can something be done about either of these issues?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Our sense is that the ‘skip to the end’ phenomenon mostly occurs when playing back recorded programs. Typically we’re watching the final 10/15minutes of a program and want to skip forward to bypass a minute or two of commercials. Instead, we’re thrown to the end.

[Oddly, today an attempt to skip BACK a few seconds (to rehear a few words) threw us back to the very START of the program: never seen that before.]

[We’ve had our Gateway/Portal System from the very first it became available in Victoria. Those early days were hell, but it’s better now.]

0 Kudos

vumax
Grasshopper

I've also been seeing this more frequently as well. As described above, coming out of fast forward in the last quarter of a program often throws you to the last minute of the recording.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help