Re: Does your fast forward skip?

shaw-tony

shawcomm3276rsbraunvumax,

We definitely want to investigate further into this. Can you please provide more details to the questions below:

1. Are you fast forwarding by 1, by 3 speeds?
  2. Are you pressing play or fast forward after?
  3. Are you using the skip and replay buttons?
  4. What shows and times is this occurring on?
  5. Did you watch the show without fast-forwarding during the last quarter of the show to see if it works normally?

Thanks,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

vumax
Grasshopper

1. I've seen this effect in the 2nd and 3rd FF levels. Can't say I've noticed it in the 1st level of fast forwarding.

2. I'm pressing Play to come out of FF at the point I want.

3. Skip and Replay aren't involved when this is happening.

4. Noticed it on both 1-hour and movie recordings.

5. Once you rewind to the point you originally wanted, it plays normally from there.

0 Kudos

shaw-tamara

Awesome, thank you vumax! We will forward this info along to the team investigating the issue. 

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

shaw-tony wrote:

shawcomm3276rsbraunvumax,

We definitely want to investigate further into this. Can you please provide more details to the questions below:

1. Are you fast forwarding by 1, by 3 speeds?
  2. Are you pressing play or fast forward after?
  3. Are you using the skip and replay buttons?
  4. What shows and times is this occurring on?
  5. Did you watch the show without fast-forwarding during the last quarter of the show to see if it works normally?

Thanks,

Tony | Community Mod.

In my case:

1 - it happens using the 2nd FF speed.

2 - it usually happens after I press play although sometimes it goes straight to the end before I can push play. I'll add here that about 50% of the time this happens if I don't push Play after it goes to the end of the recorded program that it will immediately return to where I started the 2nd FF function.

3 - these 2 functions are not applicable for this issue.

4 - the length and show titles do not matter. It can happen during a 30 minute show or a 3 hour hockey game.

5 - If I go back and watch the show without hitting the 2nd FF function it plays perfectly.

0 Kudos

gatewayexpert
Shaw Squad

can you please do the following. 

Steps:

1.      Start a recording you have seen this skip happen before. not time of the skip.
  2.       Starting at the beginning of the recording FFW3.  Fastest ffw.
  3.      Watch the pvr ffw until it hit the spot where it jumps and see if it jumps when ffwded from the beginning of the program. 

If so  I would like to get your HDID#.

Additionally.  What program name, time of recording, and channel number is the recording?

0 Kudos

gatewayexpert
Shaw Squad

can you please do the following. 

Steps:

1.      Start a recording you have seen this skip happen before. not time of the skip.
  2.       Starting at the beginning of the recording FFW3.  Fastest ffw.
  3.      Watch the pvr ffw until it hit the spot where it jumps and see if it jumps when ffwded from the beginning of the program. 

If so  I would like to get your HDID#.

Additionally.  What program name, time of recording, and channel number is the recording?

0 Kudos

gatewayexpert
Shaw Squad

#4 is the most important question.  if i don't know what channel and program this is occurring i cant determine if it was a broad cast interruption or a hard drive/ code issue.

0 Kudos

vumax
Grasshopper

Just encountered the skip-to-end on the movie Unforgettable, recorded March 1st at 8:00PM on Crave2 (281). I was level 3 fast-forwarding and pressed Play at 1:34 of a 1:45 recording and it jumped to the end. Was able to rewind to 1:34 and it played properly from there. I tried the recording 3 more times from the beginning at FFW3 and pressed Play at 1:33, 1:34 and 1:35. Each time it came out of FF at the correct spot and played properly. Unfortunately, the phenomenon seems to be quite random.

0 Kudos

gatewayexpert
Shaw Squad

if you just ffWd it from start to finish do you see it jump from 1:34 to the end?

0 Kudos

vumax
Grasshopper

Never jumps to the end while continuously FFing. Only jumps to the end when you press Play to come out of FFing. It's very random and doesn't seem to be linked to a specific spot in the recording.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help