Re: Does your fast forward skip?

gatewayexpert
Shaw Squad

thank you so much for all the information vumax.

the software engineers don't see anything in the logs.  Next time this happens can you let it jump to the end and just select the keep and exit option and note the time this was done so we can take a look at your device logs to see if they can find anything from it. 

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

I don't know if there was a separate fix for this FF problem or if something was changed with the recent Gateway update but I haven't had an issue with this problem for the last 3 days. I've tried 2 FF and 3 FF on everything from 30 minute shows to 3 hour hockey games and it has worked perfectly every time. My GF told me that this problem used to happen every single week night when she was watching " Inside Edition " on channel 47 but there have been no problems since our Gateway update early Wednesday morning. Hopefully it's been fixed for everybody that was having this problem. 

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

rsbraunbostonbob shawcomm3276  

Hey everyone, is this issue still ongoing for you?

0 Kudos

bostonbob
Grasshopper

shaw-tony wrote:

Hey everyone, is this issue still ongoing for you?

Nope - it hasn't happened even once for me over the last 2 weeks.

0 Kudos

vumax
Grasshopper

Haven't had it happen either since getting the system update last week.

0 Kudos

I too have been having this issue a lot of late. Most ann...

covkid
Grasshopper

I too have been having this issue a lot of late. Most annoying and not how this system was marketed. 
exactly as everyone has described on this thread, any channel anytime   Normally half hour or so left and it jumps forward to live. 

0 Kudos

-- do you have the Shaw Gateway PVR, or the BlueCurve PVR...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@covkid -- do you have the Shaw Gateway PVR, or the BlueCurve PVR?

After it "jumps forward", did it skip 30 seconds, or 5 or 15 minutes?

After it "jumps forward", can you quickly tap the "jump backward" button, to resume the playback?

0 Kudos

I have the gateway, I have been very happy with the funct...

covkid
Grasshopper

I have the gateway, I have been very happy with the functionality, unfortunately not so good of late. 
I will go back about an hour and watch a program. Sometimes I will watch half an hour or so then all of a sudden it jumps to live with no input from the remote. When that happens I can no longer go back. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help