Jump to solution

downgrading service

burndog
Grasshopper

Does anyone know if there is a direct line to cancellations. I have been hold for over 5 hours and still no one to talk to. I have had to sit by a wall outlet so my cell phone could recharge once and will be doing it again shortly.

Last week was the same thing, except I only waited 4 hours before giving up. Then after waiting for 1.5 hours with chat, was told I would have to call for cancellation. 

After being with Shaw for 25+ years, it sure feels like they cater to new customers while neglecting their long time customers in both pricing and service. I am sure if a new customer was wanting service they be able to talk to someone quickly.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jump to solution

Please forgive my rant in my previous post. I finally got...

burndog
Grasshopper

Please forgive my rant in my previous post. I finally got through now that the call back is working. I have downgraded my package and the people I spoke with were very helpful and sympathetic. Although I will have slower internet and not as many channels, I was offered a minimal package that is affordable to me these days.

I know with school beginning that it is a very busy time of year for customer service, and regret my earlier post as it was created in the "heat of the moment. All is good now...Thanks Shaw!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jump to solution

Please forgive my rant in my previous post. I finally got...

burndog
Grasshopper

Please forgive my rant in my previous post. I finally got through now that the call back is working. I have downgraded my package and the people I spoke with were very helpful and sympathetic. Although I will have slower internet and not as many channels, I was offered a minimal package that is affordable to me these days.

I know with school beginning that it is a very busy time of year for customer service, and regret my earlier post as it was created in the "heat of the moment. All is good now...Thanks Shaw!

Jump to solution

I am cancelling service and switching to Telus,. They had...

marlisle
Grasshopper

I am cancelling service and switching to Telus,. They had me on hold for 2 days for over 5 hours. Tried chat and they asked what they could help me with, I told them to cancel my Shaw, they actually erased my chat window not once but twice. This treatment is ridiculous and suspicious. I have been with Shaw for 25 plus years and phoned to find out why my bills are a different amount every month, they did  not give me a straight answer.  I have preapproved payments and haven't noticed until this month which the payment went up over 25 dollars for no reason. watch your bills people

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

I am very sorry for the long waits and appreciate your lo...

shaw-tony

@marlisle I am very sorry for the long waits and appreciate your long-standing business with us. I appreciate your feedback on your chat experience. An alternative we have available is to contact us on Facebook and Twitter. Thank you for your continued patience.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

Shaw has been bought out by the bully, Rogers. Wanna save...

missnomi
Grasshopper

Shaw has been bought out by the bully, Rogers.

Wanna save money and get rid of the bully? Switch to Lightspeed - it's less that half the price and excellent customer service.

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

wrote:  it's less that [sic] half the price Half? Really?...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@missnomi wrote:  it's less that [sic] half the price

Half? Really? For new customers:

Lightspeed (per month)

Home Cable 5 5 Mbps/0.5 Mbps $23.95
Home Cable 15 15/1.5 $32.95
Home Cable 30 30/2.5 $32.95 "flash sale"
Home Cable 75 75/7.5 $39.95 "flash sale"
Home Cable 250 250/15 $59.95 "flash sale"
Home Cable 300 300/15 $69.95
Home Cable 750 750/20 $79.95 "flash sale"
Home Cable 1000 1000/25 $89.95 "flash sale"

Current upload speeds are being increased to potential maximums of 100Mbps
on our Cable 300 & above plans as network upgrades are completed.

Bring your own modem and save money by not having to purchase or rent one.

Shaw (per month)

Fibre+ 10 10 $50
Fibre+ 25 25 $80
Fibre+ 150 150 $95
Fibre+ 300 300/100 $99
Fibre+ 750 750/100 $109
Fibre+ Gig 1000/100 $125
Fibre+ Gig 1.5 1500/100 $165

At 300 Mbps, either $69.95 or $99.00

At 1000 Mbps, either $89.95 or $125.00

Lightspeed costs are roughly 70% of Rogers (formerly Shaw, until March 31, 2023)

0 Kudos
Jump to solution

We have Can-Com at a second property. Internet 25 for $40...

rstra
Grand Master

We have Can-Com at a second property. Internet 25 for $40 unlimited data. We only need 25 and it is enough to get us 4K. We take our FireTV stick for BlueCurveTV and to watch our recordings. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help