I called Shaw Friday and the technical people indicated that they were sending the problem up as they could not help (unplugging everything and replugging did not work) and someone would contact me in 24 to 48 hours. We are now Tuesday late afternoon and no one has contacted me yet and the problem is still there.
Shaw use to have fantastic customer service, but in recent years it has been going down.
Did your VOD error get fixed? If so, what did they do? I have the same ongoing problem with VOD error 22471 on both of my PVR's. Tech support has previously corrected the issue by removing and then re-adding VOD to my account, but the fix doesn't last long. They say signal levels looks good. But the problem is persistent.
I have a couple of Motorola DCX3400-M's and a DCX3510-M. The VOD problem is on all of them. I just got off of a chat with Shaw tech support. They sent a refresh signal which allowed me to get past the VOD error into the VOD guide/menu. That's what they always do and, based on past experience, that should work for a few days, then back to the error. Also, when I am able to get past the error and stream VOD content, there is quite a bit of pixelation and macroblocking.
Tech support said my signal levels are good. I asked about the OOB channel signal as I think VOD uses that instead of in-band. They didn't comment. I asked if I'm in the correct node/DAC. They didn't comment. They said I need to arrange to have a tech come out and have a look.
FYI...all channels are fine except VOD.