Same problem....Lower Vanc. Island. It's not every channe...

shawuser57
Grasshopper

Same problem....Lower Vanc. Island. It's not every channel, but about 1/2 of them...mostly the upper ones...236-up....the standard def. channels seem to be OK. Tried unplugging the box several times...wired directly from main line in to STB...no splitters...no difference....seems to be getting worse (more channels involved...have Shaw guy coming out, but soonest time is 1 month!!!...Gotta be another solution!

0 Kudos

I have just recently switched from Telus Optik, as Shaw o...

fauxdog
Grasshopper

I have just recently switched from Telus Optik, as Shaw offered a deal I couldn't refuse, and saved me about $70/mos. plus offered me much more channels for free, channels I would have had to pay for on Telus.

The picture quality on the Bluecurve product is just above SD in my experience on all my TV's, no where near the quality of Telus, and I did not have Fibre. I am not going to go through the endless support dance as I see others have gone through here and will just accept the product, as I got what I paid for and more with the extra $5 a mos. that Shaw charged me.

The remote from Shaw is far superior, along with their guide, bluetooth on the cable box is great, the TV app works much better than Telus.

If your savings isn't significant and you are contemplating a move from Telus, I would not do so at this time, it was a good trade off for me with the amount saved and additional channels, but if you covet your picture quality then stay with Telus.  If Telus comes into my neighbourhood with Fibre in the future I would definitely switch back, (with incentives of course).

0 Kudos

Hey Shaw, 4 days and cable problems still going strong he...

Piffft
Grasshopper

Hey Shaw,

4 days and cable problems still going strong here in NW Calgary.

What’s up with the pixilation of  the screen / freezing / choppy vocals and when watching a show, a blue box pops up stating “There is currently No Content on this channel”????

Wait times in a call back que was stated as 35-45 minutes. I’m now going on a wait of 1 hour and 18 minutes!!  Was called earlier after a 50 minute call back wait - then 18 minutes on hold after Shaw called back — to top it all off “Colleen from Toronto” couldn’t apparently hear me and hung up on me!!!

i think reimbursement or credit of some sort should be warranted 😠.” As this whole process is extremely frustrating !!

0 Kudos

The symptoms you're describing are most often caused by a...

shaw-valerie

@Piffft The symptoms you're describing are most often caused by a signal issue to the box. Give the steps here a try, and if you are still seeing the same type of behaviour connect with our technical support team here so they can run some remote diagnostics and set up a service appointment for you if necessary. 

0 Kudos

Well, after a few weeks of the pIxelation/freezing having...

GongShow
Grasshopper

Well, after a few weeks of the pIxelation/freezing having spontaneously gone away, it’s spontaneously returned.  That seems to confirm the problem isn’t at my end.  Once again the 6:00 news is unwatchable.  Why have I not looked into Telus yet.

0 Kudos

The BlueCurve pvr is not working for us either. Sound kee...

Troy29
Grasshopper

The BlueCurve pvr is not working for us either. Sound keeps dropping out on most, if not all, of our recordings and the picture quality keeps dropping frames/blurring out. Most recording are not worth watching. Fast forwarding/rewinding are also much more awkward and difficult to use. In hindsight, switching from a wired tv box to the cloud based BlueCurve system has not been worth it. Anyone thinking of doing it should wait until this system is functioning better. 

0 Kudos

I can only receive news channels on my tv.  Every other c...

jemily007
Grasshopper

I can only receive news channels on my tv.  Every other channel is either signal loss(which doe's not make sense seeing as i can watch certain channels)or pixelated. Why? I have disconnected every tv cable or box in the house but still same problem

0 Kudos

-- have you contacted Shaw, and asked them to remotely co...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@jemily007 -- have you contacted Shaw, and asked them to remotely connect to your cable-box, to check its status, e.g., "signal strength".

Have you tried a different coaxial-cable between the wall-outlet and your cable-box?

Have you checked that the current coaxial-cable is tightly-connected at both ends?

0 Kudos

I've been having pixelation issues on and off for close t...

Jordf21
Grasshopper

I've been having pixelation issues on and off for close to a year now I bet.   Shaw has put in a good effort to fix it, but it keeps coming back.  2 new boxes, new fittings and splitters,   even replaced the line from the pole to the house.    It's super annoying and It makes my favorite shows unwatchable.     If any gets a permanent fix let me know

0 Kudos

We were having this exact same issue back in the Fall, we...

MomOfARocker
Grasshopper

We were having this exact same issue back in the Fall, we finally tried replacing our cable cord and have had a perfectly pristine picture ever since.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help