Having the same issue here in Winnipeg however with one e...

w_whyte
Grasshopper

Having the same issue here in Winnipeg however with one exception. When the program is on, sound will intermittently cut out for a second or two then come back on. Also occasionally there will be pixelation issues as well, but here’s the difference. This only happens during the actual program and never during any of the commercials. I’ve been watching for this issue for a couple of weeks now and have tried to usual steps for correction but to no avail. It was only after paying attention to the issue that I noticed the difference between program and commercial. Odd. 

0 Kudos

-- do you happen to be watching a program that is "simulc...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@w_whyte -- do you happen to be watching a program that is "simulcast" on both CDN and USA channels?

If so, the CDN broadcasters are replacing the broadcast of the USA commercials by CDN commercials, i.e., a different source for the content.

> have tried two usual steps

If you have tried different Ethernet and coaxial cables, then your next step is to make official contact with Shaw Support.

This is a peer-to-peer discussion forum, not a path to Shaw Support.

Thank you, that is a reasonable explanation for the comme...

w_whyte
Grasshopper

Thank you, that is a reasonable explanation for the commercials versus content on where the signal source is coming from. Auto correct should have been > have tried the usual steps.

Those steps being loosening/tightening cables and cords. Powering on/off affected devices. Sacrificing a small token to the ethernet gods. The usual.

I haven't thought of changing the cables out as that seems a bit much to do. They were working fine up until the issues started and seems to be on the same path as rewiring the house because a light bulb burnt out. 

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the cables and see if that works. 

0 Kudos

Same with us. Seems to be a widespread issue

MeadowsResident
Grasshopper

Same with us. Seems to be a widespread issue

0 Kudos

I just reread the date of this original post - 2019?!? Lo...

MeadowsResident
Grasshopper

I just reread the date of this original post - 2019?!? Looks like we are experiencing the same issue now, Oct 2020 in Edmonton.

0 Kudos

-- I haven't thought of changing the cables out as that s...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@w_whyte -- I haven't thought of changing the cables out as that seems a bit much to do.

I meant the coaxial-cable between your cable-modem and the wall-outlet, not the coaxial-cables inside your walls.

Also, do you have an active coaxial wall-port in a different room?  If so, move the cable-modem, and your computer, to that location, to use a different coaxial-cable inside your walls, and run the Shaw Speed Test, and tell us the result.

0 Kudos

-- Seems to be a widespread issue Shaw has tens of thousa...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@MeadowsResident -- Seems to be a widespread issue

Shaw has tens of thousands of subscribers.  Do you expect "perfection" for 100% of them?

Yesterday, the 45th President said that 99.9 % of teenagers recover from COVID-19.  Is that good enough, whether it is deaths due to COVID, or problems with Shaw Internet ?

Also, in this forum, you only see the "squeaky wheels", not the non-squeaky wheels (those who have problems, and do not post here, and/or do not contact Shaw), and not those (like me) who do not have any "intermittent" issues.  So, this forum gives a biased view.

0 Kudos

is talking about pixilation problems and audio drops, not...

rstra
Grand Master

@mdk @w_whyte is talking about pixilation problems and audio drops, not speed issues. Well, he may have speed issues, but didn’t mention it in this post. 

@w_whyte time to call Shaw and get them to have a look.

0 Kudos

-- not speed issues >> run the Shaw Speed Test, and tell...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@rstra -- not speed issues

>> run the Shaw Speed Test, and tell us the result.

@w_whyte -- There is value in running this diagnostic.

The result could show large variance of instantaneous speeds during the test, implying an intermittent problem.

The result could show much-less-than-expected numbers, implying impaired connectivity.

You'll never know, if you discard my advice to run the diagnostic.

0 Kudos

Well it wouldn’t hurt.

rstra
Grand Master

Well it wouldn’t hurt. 

TALK TO US
We're here to help