Free Range TV not working on new phone

flowerdealer
Grasshopper

Just got a Mate 20 Pro. I can login to the app, see the Shaw logo and a loading circle, but then the screen turns gray and nothing happens. Any ideas? Never had an issue with the app before, so not sure what is going on. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. 

Labels (1)
26 Replies

Re: Free Range TV not working on new phone

bobbytony
Grasshopper

I have the same issue on a Samsung Galaxy Tab and Samsung S8.

0 Kudos

bobbytony
Grasshopper

Oh and just in case, I have location and notifications turned on. 🙂

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey flowerdealer and bobbytony,

Thank you for reaching out! I haven't heard of any reports of issues with FreeRange TV. The FreeRange TV app is working as expected on my Samsung S8. Do you notice the same issues when trying to log into the web version here? Can you also test by logging in while on WiFi and also only on 4G/LTE? Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

jackdouglas
Grasshopper

Free Range on my phone, tablet & computer stopped working 4 days ago. Had been fine for years.

Did chat, did phone call, did trip to Shaw and nothing. No one could get it working.

Said they will get back to me? Time marches on. Whats going on?

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

Hey jackdouglas,

Thank you for reaching out! Are you able to provide a screenshot of the error you see? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let me know so we can get this fixed,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

bobbytony
Grasshopper

Hi, I have tried on Different Wifi's and LTE, have uninstalled and reinstalled. Web just tells me to install the app. I open the app, log in, it has the Shaw logo and spinning blue circle for a few seconds and then a blank screen. When I go back to my Shaw account it says I have no saved devices, so it is almost as if there is a communication issue to get it to save to my account.

0 Kudos

bobbytony
Grasshopper

Now I am back in action on my S8 after I found it worked on my daughters HTC One M8. Will report back if the Galaxy Tab doesnt work still.

shaw-tamara

Hi bobbytony! Glad to hear you were able to get it working on the S8. If you continue to have troubles with it, please let us know.

0 Kudos

alison80
Grasshopper

I am having the same problems with my samsung s7 and tablet.  Worked last week, am constantly told I am offline on both now and neither device is registered.  Uninstalled, reinstalled.  How did you get yours working again bobbytony?

TALK TO US
We're here to help