Re: Free Range TV not working on new phone

Not applicable

Did you ever get the free range to work?  I have the same issue, same time, on an iPad with no resolution in site.

Thanks!

Darwin Coghlin

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

alison80 and coggyI haven't heard of any other reports of issues as it should be working as expected. Are you able to access FreeRange TV through a web browser?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Just including my response so it is included in this thread.

i can access the Free Range TV via web browser thru a laptop using the same internet access that I am using by the iPad.  If I try try going thru the Shaw site, it asks me to download the app which causes the same problem.

I have tried to trouble shoot with apple and since the app does load and there is no issues with hardware, they feel this is a Shaw issue.

Can I assume that Shaw Free Range developer or other Shaw support will be addressing this issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

I have done some other trouble shooting on this issue and believe I have this resolved.  I tested the app upload on this iPad using a different individuals internet access that is set up exactly like ours and the app loaded properly.  I deleted the app and tried again from our location with the same results and it was not able load properly.  I isolated some equipment between the modem and router and the app loaded properly where we now have Free Range TV on our iPads.  I put the isolated equipment back in the flow and the app is still working properly.  We intend on using it this evening and I will report back after it’s use.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

alison80
Grasshopper

I am able to access it through the web browser and ironically enough on other peoples wifi, but on my home wifi (xplornet) the app on both android devices does not work.  I don't know what changed in the week with either my wifi settings or free range tv settings.  To the best of my knowledge nothing did...either way it seems to be a problem with my internet connection at home and not the free range app itself

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Further to my trouble shooting.  I am using TekSavy for internet and phone.  The equipment I have between the modem and the router is the box for the access for the phone.  I have had to isolate this box (no phone service) now till I can discuss this issue with TekSavy.  I believe the box is probably defective.  I do have Free Range though now.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Not applicable

My Shaw Free Range TV is now working on iPads.  I contacted my internet provider (TekSavvy) and explained my problems and they were able to help.  TekSavvy took over my router thru my laptop and did some port modifications and now all is well.  I am not sure why it stopped working all of a sudden on Apr 1 or who caused it.

0 Kudos

Not applicable

Hi all, a similar problem has happened with my iPad.  It had randomly stopped working several weeks ago.  Trying to fix it I tested the web version on my desktop both LAN, and wifi and it worked no problem.  But as soon as I tried mobile on wifi it didn't work.  I put it on LTE and it works, but back to wifi and nothing again.

0 Kudos

shaw-tony

chike do you notice the same issues with other mobile devices in your home or is it only the iPad? Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

0 Kudos

Not applicable

hi shaw-tony‌, It doesn't work on the iphone, or on the samsung phone either.   Ive checked the router settings, and even removed the router and tried the modem in router mode rather than bridge mode and the modem worked but as soon as the router was added back in.  I tried a factory reset on the router but it still does not work. 

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help