Freerange and Linux

Not applicable

What's with Freerange not enabled to work with Firefox or Chromium on Linux (Ubuntu)? Recently made the switch to Ubuntu on my travel machine, and was very disappointed to find freerange site not working  

Labels (1)
13 Replies

Re: Freerange and Linux

shaw-tony

Hey brycecampbell,

Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, it is an unsupported system and platform as per our page here. It is also outside our scope of support. However, I was able to locate some details through the Linux Forums here which may help you.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

I also cannot access bluecurvetv on my Debian computer....

evandenbroecke
Grasshopper

I also cannot access bluecurvetv on my Debian computer.  I am only a user of linux on ALL of my computers.  I find it absurd that this app can be supported in Android, but not Linux.  You guys do know that Android is Linux?  All of Android source code comes from Linux!

-- there is a one-word mention of LINUX on a Shaw Direct...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@evandenbroecke -- there is a one-word mention of LINUX on a Shaw Direct web-page.

Note that the "stale" article from LINUX Forums recommends the installation of Adobe Flash, which now has hit its "sunset".

What error-message do you get when you tried to access BlueCurve TV?

0 Kudos

Simply, its not supported. We can support Android but not...

evandenbroecke
Grasshopper

Simply, its not supported.

We can support Android but not Linux?  I mean all we're really asking for is, that it just work.  It's not like we're asking someone at shaw "hold our hands" and provide a step by step instruction on how to make it work!  It should just work!  Nothing on the internet should be OS dependant!  We have a right to choose and we should not be discluded just for making that choice!

And just mentioning a now dusty outdated post from 5 years ago seems somewhat insulting and shows that Shaw really doesnt care!

AND JUST A WARNING to all else that decides to take Shaw's advice and install the mention above from the forum, you do so at your OWN RISK.  As the mention software is outdated and will likely break your system leaving you with a mess to clean up or re-install!

-- And just mentioning a now dusty outdated post from 5 y...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@evandenbroecke -- And just mentioning a now dusty outdated post from 5 years ago seems somewhat insulting and shows that Shaw really doesnt [sic] care!

That "dusty" post was not cited by a Shaw employee. It was cited by me, a customer of Shaw.

I have never been employed by Shaw, and I have never worked for Shaw. I have no interest in being "head-hunted" by Shaw to be employed.

0 Kudos

I know my friend...

evandenbroecke
Grasshopper

@mdk I know my friend... Just frustrated at the lack of support and response to Linux users in general, even though it's becoming more popular usage...

And actually you didn't suggest it... A Shaw employee did... 

-- actually you didn't suggest it... A Shaw employee did...

mdk
Legendary Grand Master

@evandenbroecke -- actually you didn't suggest it... A Shaw employee did

Are we referring to the same message?

Certainly, it was I who made a post that linked to the "dusty" posting on a ShawDirect page. That post was made by a Shaw employee.

> [Linux] is becoming more popular usage

You and I must live in quite-different "bubbles". All of my friends use Microsoft Windows on their desktops, and IOS on their iPad devices. Probably, they are WOOF-ies -- well off older folks, who discard/donate/recycle their older hardware, rather than extending the hardware's life, by installing some variant of Linux.

0 Kudos

Re: Freerange and Linux shaw-tony Moderato...

evandenbroecke
Grasshopper
Re: Freerange and Linux 

Hey brycecampbell,

Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, it is an unsupported system and platform as per our page here. It is also outside our scope of support. However, I was able to locate some details through the Linux Forums here which may help you.

Cheers,

Tony | Community Mod.

0 Kudos

The original post is made by a Linux user and a Shaw employee reply... 

Just saying...
0 Kudos

I guess I should have made that a reply to the Shaw emplo...

evandenbroecke
Grasshopper

I guess I should have made that a reply to the Shaw employee and not you... sorry.

0 Kudos
TALK TO US
We're here to help